It's been a while since I've posted here! I currently have an HTC Inspire, and ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7

U-Connect and Blackberry?

It's been a while since I've posted here! I currently have an HTC Inspire, and I just bought a Dodge Durango that has the UConnect feature. The phone pairs fine with the bluetooth, however, I can't seem to get the UConnect to read text messages. After some research, I found that my bluetooth profile on the phone lacks the message access profile ability (MAP). I've been checking around and it seems that the newer Blackberries do (THose that run 6.0 or higher). Before I bite the bullet and switch phones, I was wondering if anyone has a car that has similar technology and if you can get your bluetooth to read out the text message? I know that this works for most on blue tooth head sets, but I"m looking for people that have cars that have bluetooth built into the car itself and that came with the stock radio, NOT an aftermarket product.

Thanks guys and gals!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome back! Hopefully somebody will pop in and help you out here.

Didja get the new Durango? Those are sweet!