Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pjwbur

How do I transfer my BBM contacts from one phone to another? I've tried using ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

pjwbur no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Transferring BBM contacts from one phone to another

Advertisement

How do I transfer my BBM contacts from one phone to another? I've tried using the backup/restore feature, but the option to restore them is greyed-out.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I use Desktop Software Device Switch Wizard. http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...rnalId=KB23677
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

User is moving from loaner Curve to Bold 9780. No microSD card in the Curve. New Bold requires new SIM card as the other was provisioned for the loaner device.

I tried using the switch wizard and the BBM contacts did not transfer.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I am not sure how that would be done. I put the SIM from my old device into the new device as is mentioned here. Sorry, I do not know how to transfer to a different SIM.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    What options does the user have for backing up BBM contacts on the old device?

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    If the BlackBerry 9780 has a Desktop [SYNC] service Book, then delete the service book and try restoring the BBM Contacts. Once the BBM contacts have been restored then you can undelete the Desktop [SYNC] service book.

We finally got this working. Backed up the device. Then wiped it. Deleted BES Account. Restored device, then recreated BES account. Finally, everything is where it's supposed to be.

Thanks for all the help!
    Last edited by pjwbur; 03-26-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: typo
    RogerG likes this.

Alicea1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    It's much easier to transfer information like apps, contacts, media and text messages with the help of Mobile Transfer.
    Compared with Cellular companies which tend to only transfer contacts between phones, Mobile Transfer is a piece of software that will do all that for you.
    It not only transfer contacts: Copy over your video, call list, photos, notes and music between all your devices with a single click.