Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG
  • 1 Post By RogerG

One of my users tethers his Blackberry to his laptop when he is out in ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

pjwbur no está en línea Stack level 2

Tethering Blackberry causes loss of Windows profile

Advertisement

One of my users tethers his Blackberry to his laptop when he is out in the field to get connection to internet/network via VPN, etc. Lately, he gets an error message "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded". I recreated his profile and he was fine for over a week, then it started again.

I'm not sure if the issue is with the laptop suddenly, or if there is something with the tethering. Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

He is using a Blackberry Bold 9780, Windows 7 on an HP8460P laptop.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wow. I can't imagine tethering would cause anything like this, but it is Windows we're talking about.

Is he using a tethering app or just the straight tether?

We use the Blackberry Desktop Manager Mobile Internet feature. I've never heard of this happening to anyone else, and I probably have close to 100 users who are tethering. I was hoping it was something that someone was familiar with. I have this horrible feeling we will have to wipe and reimage his computer.

Thanks, RogerG.

I'm sure you've done your due diligence on this, but here's an article from MS on that message:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215
    lak611 likes this.

lak611 likes this.

Yes, I recognize both of those from last week or so when I fixed this for him the first time. It seems his User Profile Service is corrupted. We need to get him directly on the network so we can fix the service. Thanks again.