Hi every1. Ok my friends blackberry got stolen yesterday. What I want to know is ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

dixonview no está en línea Stack level 1

stolen blackberry

Advertisement

Hi every1. Ok my friends blackberry got stolen yesterday. What I want to know is how can I track its location using blackberry protect? Roger G your help will be much appreciated since I get the most help from you. I do have the blackberry I'd and password. I can give it to you to try tracking the phones location if you are willing to do it. Thanks in advance. Oh and by the way. Happy New Year to every1. May 2013 bring you all joy, peace and happiness!!!!!!!!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I don't have a blackberry so not sure how I can help. If the stolen device has BB protect then you might be able to track it that way.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    If you have BlackBerry Protect on the phone and you have tracking switched on then you should be able to login to the BB Protect website and track the location of the phone.

When the software was installed it asks if you want the devices location to be viewable which allows you to track the device, if you said no you could also turn it on through options later. So assuming it is switched on then go to

http://www.blackberry.com/protect/login

Login with your BlackBerry I'D. You can wipe the device, display a message on the screen make it ring, and see where it is.

Good Luck!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

dixonview no está en línea Stack level 1
    I tried that link, and it says I need some windows explorer 8, well my guess is that it wants me to connect via a PC.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    What were you using? I know the Playbook and Ipad works which means a recent vs of Safari should be okay. Could always try logging on at a local library as they often have PC's available.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2