How do I do this? I see how to restore my bb browser bookmarks which ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Restoring BBM contacts?

Advertisement

How do I do this? I see how to restore my bb browser bookmarks which I needed.
    Also, my "K" key to lock stopped working, anyone know how to make this key shortcut work?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    do you have dial from home screen enabled?
    if so, disable it and the "K" shortcut should work again.

did you ever do any backups of your device?
    If so you can "restore" from one of those backups.

let me know
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

How do I check if I have it enabled?

Yes I do backbups, but I only want the bbm contacts portion. Not sure which database name it is so I can just choose that and restore to my device.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    To check if Dial from home screen is enabled: Hit green phone button>BB Menu button>Options>General

To restore Only your BBM contacts from a recent backup you'll have to do a selective restore. This will allow you to select just that option from the list in DM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    To check if Dial from home screen is enabled: Hit green phone button>BB Menu button>Options>General

To restore Only your BBM contacts from a recent backup you'll have to do a selective restore. This will allow you to select just that option from the list in DM.
    Thanks, I knew about the selective restore. I just didnt know which one(database) contained my bbm contacts. I guess I may have to just restore the bb messenger itself.

Update:
    That did it. I just thought that the bbm on my backup was an older version than the one 4.6 gives you. I guess not.
    Last edited by ocanyc; 02-01-2009 at 01:14 AM.

robbos21 no está en línea Stack level 1
    how do you restore bbm contacts from no bkup after wiping. tried but not sure how to do or recover files !!