Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

just used novus, now it looks like i have more tiny scratches all over my ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

beejreit no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

just used novus, now it looks like i have more tiny scratches all over my screen!! wtf... I used to have one scratch now there are tiny specs that make rainbows when you look at them. what did i do wrong? or does this stuff just not work! i used the cloths that came with the kit, followed all of the steps on the bottles and nothing. Im thinking ill just purchase a replacement screen from cnn or something. Unless anyone knows what to do!

ernsalas no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just put best skins ever on mine, no scratches, if i did I guess the easy way would be to replace the screen of my pearl

beejreit no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So, I purchased a new screen from eBay for like $5. I immediately put on best skin ever for the whole phone an I love it.

Let me warn you though, when you buy a screen make sure you get one with adhesive. I made the mistake of purchasing one without. I tried model glue to stick the screen on but that didn't last long and I smeared some on the screen part. That kinda cleared off. The best solution I found was double sided tape. Scotch makes a permanent type. Other than the smudge from the glue the screen looks great. A noticeable improvement over the old one.

Longstory short: use a screen protector (like BSE) and if your buying a screen, get one with adhesive.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Quote Originally Posted by krizzzy19 View Post
    which novus did you use? I got #2 and it's not working!
    Not sure when I get home tonight I will look.

I have only used the one that I got about 8 years ago when I had a motorcycle and it works. Removed all but 1 scratch that was deep.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson View Post
    Not sure when I get home tonight I will look.I have only used the one that I got about 8 years ago.
    It's not bacon & eggs, without the bacon.

Likewise Novus consists of #1,2,3. If you leave out any of those three, you do not have all the ingredients.

I have always been able to easily remove scratches out of any kind of plastic with Novus. That's the beauty of it, as it is extremely useful on all sorts of plastics. Not just clear. When I get a new BlackBerry I polish the screen immediately, which then acts as a fingerprint and scratch repellent. Great stuff. I polished my entire 8310 except the rubber side strips. The Red looks even better & after 11 months & no screen protector its perfect. Just like new & I carry it in my pocket every day. Not the slightest of marks anywhere.

Thanks to Novus.

via: Red BB 8310
    (soon via: Bold)

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I just ordered a new screen from eBay for my girl's 8310. It was $10 shipped and came with new tape to install. Then we put the invisible shield screen protector cover on it. Best way to go....
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

MichaelCW no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just a thÓught that nobody has really brought up. For those scratches you really can't get out. You can order replacement lenses. Even ebay has them for under $20.

MichaelCW no está en línea Stack level 2
    Personally I really dislike screen protectors. Polish the day to day scratches off and if need be get a new lense. The screen protectors from my experience scratch faster than a raw display.

I am rough on my phones and It doesn't make sense to put an ugly screen protector on every week when its cheaper to do a quick polish and will make your berry look fantastic everytime.

megpie6904 no está en línea Stack level 1

Archer6,

I used all three novus products and i used a bad cloth (not microfiber), which made my screen look horrible and with more scratches on it. I found a microfiber cloth though, and used it once starting with #3 and I see a little improvement, but not much. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Fannin16 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i got a small scratch in my screen.

brades no está en línea Stack level 1
    Cool stuff, i always use a screen protector though

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456