Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by BBadBoy I got ScreenGuardz for my 7100i because I carry it in ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

Mouseworks no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Remove scratches in BB screen!!!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by BBadBoy
    I got ScreenGuardz for my 7100i because I carry it in my pocket about 75% of the time and I am concerned about scratching the screen. I have a question, though, for those who have used them for awhile. How long do they usually last?
    Mine is from shieldzone.com, and is just a screen protector (not a "full body") but it appears to be damn near permanent unless I want to take it off. I've had it on there for months and my Pearl is mostly in my pocket - here and there in a clip holster if what I'm wearing just doesn't work. I kept the spray bottle in case I ever needed to try to reapply, which I know others have succcessfully done with some brands. But I don't see it needing to happen anytime soon, it appears to be melded to the bb extremely well.

MikeSaint27 no está en línea Stack level 1

just ordered some hope it works..

obsidianjaguar no está en línea Stack level 1

nice advise

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Alright so I got a few minor scratches on my screen and I just ordered a full body cover thing from bestskinever.com. I want to buff out my scratches before I put this on. The above website isn't a website anymore because I know this is an old thread. But what's the best and cheapest way to get rid of these small scratches?
    ~Lauren

krizzzy19 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson View Post
    I like Novus too, I used it on my motorcycle helmit and visor and it always left them clear and no residue. It works great for my Blackberry too.
    which novus did you use? I got #2 and it's not working!

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

I'm just about to use Novus, have the full set 1,2 & 3. Hope it works. Will be fitting BSE straight after.

Hope it works and will report back.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

I updated the link in the original post.
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

krizzzy19 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    I'm just about to use Novus, have the full set 1,2 & 3. Hope it works. Will be fitting BSE straight after.

Hope it works and will report back.

if it does work well please post how and what exactly did you do! thank you!

radamesortiz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f2d3af
    Hi,
    I just got novus over the mail today. I have been trying to get this annoying scratch on my bb, but I have been having a hard time removing the scratch.
    I followed all instructions.Do you have any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    What I like about the Novus brand is that they have three levels of product. #1 cleaner & polish, #2 for minor scratches & #3 for major scratches.

Therefore no matter the nature of the scratch, You can always remove it, then follow up with
    #2, then #1 and you are left with a perfectly clear display.

In the rare event the sratch is really deep the process will still improve it until it's hardly noticeable.

The most fantastic plastic restoration product available.
    ~via BB 7130c (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by radamesortiz View Post
    Hi,
    I just got novus over the mail today. I have been trying to get this annoying scratch on my bb, but I have been having a hard time removing the scratch.
    I followed all instructions.Do you have any suggestions?
    ------
    Yes, the key is two items;

1)Always use a fresh new Microfiber cloth. They sell them at most auto parts stores as detail cloths for your car.

2) Lots of patience. As NOVUS is NOT an abrasive, but a chemical scratch remover. That's why there are three bottles. Its also why, when done your dislay will be perfectly clear, scratch free & slippery so as to repell dust, dirt & grime.

I have removed scratchs from my friends BB's that tried other products to no avail. In five years I have never had a problem removing any scratch from any kind of plastic. Especially on BB's.

This is why, despite how super picky I am, I never use a screen protector or any film covering my BB. In fact the moment I remove a new phone from its box the 1st thing I do is polish the entire phone. Takes just minutes and brings out the color as well as making the display even clearer.

I currently have six BB's which I purchased new. Some are two years old, have been heavily used & are in perfect condition as though they just came out of the box.

I do not work for NOVUS, just a huge advocate as I have repaired a lot of plastic items with the product. It works every time for me.

via RedBerry *8310*

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    Archer: Thanks for the nice review, there. At least if my red beauty gets scratched, I'll know what to do.

I had a 7290 prior, and it seemed the only time mine was scratched was when using the holster (ironic, isn't it?). Even then, it was only the border around the screen. There was one tinny little scratch that appeared on the screen, I was able to buff it out with a bit of Scratch Out (a car polish) and Rain-X. I must admit, though, this NOVUS product sounds much more effective.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFire View Post
    Archer: Thanks for the nice review, there..
    -------
    Your Welcome!

Ironically I just sratched the display on my Red 8310 by accidentally dropping a knife on it while setting the dinning room table.

I was so relieved to have Novus on hand. Of the three grades it only took the middle grade & about 10 minutes with a micro fiber cloth to remove the scratch. Not bad considering it was just over two inches long at a diagonal across the screen. This stuff is worth it's weight in gold....

Plus it works so well on all types of plastic. I use it at least once a month.

via BB 8310

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    I would've had kittens if that had occurred for me! I have a Clearvue screen protector from Boxwave that works well. What I like most is that it is reusable--it can even be washed and re-applied.

I have an inexpensive hard skin that is something like a faceplate that snaps over my 8310. I'm seriously contemplating an OtterBox, though. Having had a 7290, I doubt the bulk would bother me.

I think it interesting that you have been able to forgo the coverings and skins--that you've had such success maintaining your Berries. Have you been able to maintain the trackballs on your newer models? Not so much removal as simple cleaning of the 'pearl'.

I guess I've strayed slightly off topic. I'm simply wondering if NOVUS is as effective a cleaner as a scratch remover. Also, have you found yourself using the scratch remover on the metallic red finish of your 8310?

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    I went in to the garage and boom I found the complete novus trio. Wow my screen has like hundreds of little tiny scratches on it now and its giving that rainbow effect. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BCoop8184 View Post
    The best fix for a scratched BB screen is PREVENTION!! Its kinda like sex...wrap it up guys! HAHA get yourself a screen protector ASAP.
    First thing I did with my BB was puton screen protector. I bought it from eBay. It is the best! It was already pre cut to fit my phone. Crystal clear and not one bubble. You can't even tell it is on your screen and does not diminish the display at all.Also, it has not come off on the edges.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast