Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Mark, Thanks for jumping in with your input, hopefully you are right and it will ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Mark, Thanks for jumping in with your input, hopefully you are right and it will work for this user. After reading back through the thread it seems that for most posting this hasn't worked. Maybe its something that was successful with older devices but isn't working for newer ones? I really wish I had a device that was doing this so I could explore it a little more.

NATM no está en línea Stack level 1
    MARK:

Thank you very much to try to help me out with this. I did that at least 100 times with no luck at all... jl_cmder do no t recognize the device, it always keeps telling "unable to open port" ..I'll try it again, I want my BB back! Do you Know why the red led starts to flash (blink) like that when I click next on the apploader?? what does it means?

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Mark, Thanks for jumping in with your input, hopefully you are right and it will work for this user. After reading back through the thread it seems that for most posting this hasn't worked. Maybe its something that was successful with older devices but isn't working for newer ones? I really wish I had a device that was doing this so I could explore it a little more.
    Watch what you wish for!

I think you may be right, and I've actually wondered about this very issue - whether a lot of our methods/fixes that worked on older devices/OS may not be applicable any longer on all the new devices. (Might be why I hang around the 8700 - 71xx - 7290 forums )

Quote Originally Posted by NATM View Post
    MARK:

Thank you very much to try to help me out with this. I did that at least 100 times with no luck at all... jl_cmder do no t recognize the device, it always keeps telling "unable to open port" ..I'll try it again, I want my BB back! Do you Know why the red led starts to flash (blink) like that when I click next on the apploader?? what does it means?
    If you tried it 100 times, and you're confident that you followed the instructions note-by-note, then it is most likely a hardware problem. Frankly, you're best option is to get a new Blackberry, or, if you don't mind my suggestion try another manufacturer. I seem to have a lot less problems with my little "herd" of Nokias (right now I'm using the 5310). If you got the handheld used, I'm betting there was physical damage (perhaps liquid) in its past. If you got it new from your provider or from Blackberry directly, it's time to use your warranty . . . Wish we had better news for you!

jr9384 no está en línea Stack level 2
    HELP! i wiped out my Blackberry bold, and now when i try to follow these steps i get stuck at the app loader. it asks me for my password (the one i use to lock my phone) and ocne i put that pw in i lose connection and i get error telling em ssomething must be wrong with the connection?! help asap

Dbspiel529 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have followed all the steps, but I am running into 1 problem though...everything goes fine until the device initialization. when it reaches that step, the red light just keeps flashing and it never initializes. after minutes the computer will tell me that it failed. why is this happening? how do i fix it?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbspiel529 View Post
    I have followed all the steps, but I am running into 1 problem though...everything goes fine until the device initialization. when it reaches that step, the red light just keeps flashing and it never initializes. after minutes the computer will tell me that it failed. why is this happening? how do i fix it?
    Have you tried disconnecting from the Internet and running the app loader file found in c/program files/common files/ research in motion/app loader. If not give that a try and let me know how it works. If it doesn't there are more options out there.

Dbspiel529 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I tried that but i open app loader and i have no applications to load. how can i download the OS software in an .alx or .ali format so that i will be able to load it with the apploader?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Db, have you had any luck with this? If you download and install the OS onto your computer it should be visible in the AppLoader.

MJ14 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Finally got something that worked for my phone. So now that it deleted all this though what do I have to do in order to be like it used to before it crashed? Do I need to re-install something for internet or text messaging or for apps or do I have to re-download all apps or what?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Reloading your OS should bring back everything you need with the exception of applications unless you saved them via a backup. You will probably need to re-register the apps as well.

greekhunni04 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Problem with realoding software: 507

My blackberry storm was done by a friend who said he installed this application from this website.. I have gone through and done the whole thing of re-installing and going into the desktop manager. I can get to the desktop manager and select the programs i want, but when it says the step to go to advance instead of finish....there is no advance button. I just want to get rid of the reload software: 507 icon and use my phone again

Can anyone help me please?!?!?!?!!?!!?!!?!?!

JamHussla no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    207D72B4
    Thanks for the help guys. It worked for me on the second try (BB 9500).

Steamed no está en línea Stack level 1
    HI guys this place is fantastic and I'm glad i found it so maybe somebody can help me as I'm in big big trouble.

Today I installed V5 OS on my PC and updated my BB Storm with the same OS and everything was going great until I plugged my Storm into my MAC which was only running V 4.7 OS..... i didn't realise until it was too late that something was going terribly wrong. I thought my device was somehow updating my MAC (i'm such a loser) but it appears that my MAC must have done something to the OS on the device as the Storm will go through the boot up screen (with the Blackberry text and progress bar) and then once it get's to the end of the start up i get the white screen saying 'App error 205' when I plu it into either my MAC or my PC i can't get either computer to recognise the device. I tried to follow the instructions at the link titled ' How to: Reinstall OS when computer won't recognise the device connected' but I must be doing something wrong. When Step 5 says 'Go to Options and select "connection settings" I have NO idea where this means ....... i can't find anything that says 'options'.... is this on Mac or PC? I am so lost and at the end of my tether and I need my phone for work urgently. Can anybody help me out with this please? Any assistance is great;y appreciated.

Steamed no está en línea Stack level 1
    I figured out that my PC wasn't showing all of the options that the BB Desktop Manager should show... I've installed it on my laptop and I'm all the way through to ...
    9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
    10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.

But I can't see an advanced button.... does it not appear on some versions of the desktop manager?..... I don't want to go past this without finding out for sure why i can't see this advanced button.

Please help

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast