Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

"How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected" worked for me ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

knightberlin no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

"How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected"
    worked for me AGAIN, today. I'm glad I could always come back here and do some DIY fixing.

To dafifad - maybe too late now to answer your question but it seems like your bb had a short circuit, perhaps from sweating (too much text, lol). I would suggest sending it back to your provider for an exchange.

grimp no está en línea Stack level 1
    ok, here we go!!!

* It all started when i was replying to TXT message. After sending the reply, phone turned off on me, and came back on with this ~ ~ ~ App Error 205
    *Phone: Curve 8330
    *BB Desktop Manager - Just downloaded today, so should be up-to-date
    *BB Device Manager Version 4.3.1.15

*I downloaded "BlackBerry Device Software v4.5.0" from the Sprint downloads page......<~~~ That is the Operating System, correct?.....

*Windows OS on computer
    * Also, ive tried two different USB cords, on 4 different USB ports

* I tried the Walk-through, in the first post, and i cant seem to get it connected properly. In the "connections" menu, it only shows "USB", and i do not see an option anywhere that says "Detect Device", with the battery out.

* Next, i tried to use the Java Devlopers software to wipe my phone. After getting it all installed and the "javaloader.exe" file moved to the correct location, i loaded the "cmd.exe" and typed in the text to wipe it, and this is the error i get - - Connecting to device.... Error: Unable to Open Port.

* So....thats where im sittin right now, can anyone help?? If you need anything else, jus ask and ill get it for ya.
    Last edited by grimp; 07-06-2009 at 03:16 PM.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you tried using the loader file found in c/program files/common file/research in motion/app loader. If you go there and open the loader just as it starts up out the battery back in carefully and see if that gets it. If not we will start from scratch.

ok, so that sort of worked.........i got through all off it, and at the the end where im supposed to make sure the boxes are check offf??.......i did all that, and it erased all application data, and for the first time, i could see stuff on my phone. But it was only a list of stuff, almost like a list of everything on my phone.

I couldnt make it to the "dektop" of my phone, but i could click on all the items in the list. I was able to get into the Options menu. Once i exited out of the Options menu, my phone went back to App Error screen.....blah!! im goin out for a few, been at this for 5 hrs now. Ill continue this when i get back.

well jus a FYI, i tried to do the memory Swipe again, using c:\javaloader -usb wipe, and im getting a different error now...

Connecting to device....debug: COM error during Open: <0x80004004> ......followed by
    Error: unable to open port

JAAD no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey, I have a problem with my blackberry 8310 from At&t, Basically it have a "jvm error 547 flash write failed" . I am tired of trying all the way for reinstall the OS, but i can fix it. Some times, when i all ready en the reinstall the Cellphone don't stop reboting, and in other cases it sais: error 535..., error 561...., error 506...., .
    I folow the steps one by one, i have done this more than 20 time, i am really tired, and i don't want to loss my info. .

And the javaloader, when i want to wipe mi movil, it sais:'' unable to conet with the device; debug: port closed.
    Please Help me. I need more ways for do that. [FONT=Arial][/FONT]

nevets820 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, I stumbled upon this thread after I got the dreaded JVM Error 545. I've done just about everything. I have a Sprint Blackberry Curve 8330. I'm using the Desktop Manager v4.7. I keep getting the message "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation." I've try doing the reinstall with the battery in and without the battery in and it just isn't happening. Any tips?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am in the process of reloading TMobile's OS 4.5 on my 8120 in order to correct a trackball problem. Everything went well until step 10 which says: "Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button" in reference to Desktop Manager.

The problem is I don't see the advanced button. I am using DM 5.0.0.11. Do I have to revert back to an earlier version of DM? If so, that would be 4.6 for me.

tbagfish no está en línea Stack level 1
    Having followed all of the steps, it claims to have updated my bold successfully (so the OS has been reinstalled), however it still won't boot up and i get the clock again, so nothing seems to have changed for me. i get no error messages, but it just goes back to the reboot cycle after going through the process outlined here. Does anyone have any other advice? I'm tearing my hair out here, because it seems to have worked and reinstalled, only to get stuck rebooting again!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    How long does it sit in the reboot process?

forever cycling the reboot. i'd say i get a blank white screen with the clock on for about 90 seconds before the screen goes black (the red led comes on) for about 20 secs and then it just starts over again. the frustrating thing is that when i wipe and reinstall as the steps describe, it looks like it's going to work as i get no error messages or anything. but at the end of the process it's the same as before, just constantly cycling a reboot. I've left it for about 30 mins inbetween trying the process 5 or 6 times

Do you have a memory card installed? If so, try pulling out the memory card and see if it will boot. I've seen this happen on a Storm before.

oddly enough this has happened to me before, and last time i was able to fix it by removing my memory card but not this time! good guess though. i'm fairly certain i've tried everything there is to try so I've had to send it back to the factory. but i didn't take out insurance

That's a bummer. Is it still under warranty?

i've really got no idea how long the warranty is, whether it's RIM related or O2 (my carrier) related. However my carrier emailed me to tell me that they won't deal with it as I've had my contract for over 28 days (since April this year) so they're sending it to RIM. Whether this means they only give me a 28 day warranty or RIM gives me a longer one, I have no clue. I don't supposed you would have any idea if RIM give a standard warranty on all their phones?