Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thanks for your reply. I tried to fix it for very long time, I tried ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

apred no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Thanks for your reply. I tried to fix it for very long time, I tried different PCs also. If it does not get recognized via Javaloader - the problem is in BB itself, not DM. Maybe someone knows what series of one long and three short flashes means?

I Use Dial no está en línea Stack level 1
    When I start my Bold I get the message Reload Software: 507, so I am assuming the posted instructions should fix my problem.

When I go to Options, I select 'Connection Options', and usually the only option is 'USB', but sometimes there is 'USB-PIN: 0'. There is never the option 'USB PIN' nor an option to detect device.

I have also plugged in another BlackBerry so I know the cable, computer, and desktop software are working fine.

I have rebooted the computer and this still does not help. I have left the BlackBerry plugged in for 20 minutes and had no more options than stated above.

Can someone help me?

PCFCushion no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've been trying to fix my boss's BB 8310 for the last couple days now, after she got a JVM Error 102. Tried a wipe and install new OS but the phone went into a constant reboot. Then I came to this guide. I follow all of the steps and the process seems to complete fine, but the BB still goes on to a constant reboot cycle. Have tried using OS v4.5.0.152 with DM 4.6. Also uninstalled everything and went to DM4.3 and OS4.2.2.312.

Any ideas on what could be causing it to still be constantly rebooting?

PS - I don't mean the hourglass stays on, I mean it comes on for about 10 seconds, then black screen with red led and repeat over and over.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Is there a media card in the device by any chance?

No media card.

Sorry, PCF. Been in and out all day.

When you say you wiped the device, did you do the security wipe or a complete OS wipe with jl_cmndr?

I got it to finally boot up properly after a few more attempts. I had read on a lot of different guides throughout the web that you should delete the vendor.xml file when trying to reinstall the OS, so I had been.

Finally I just reinstalled DM 4.3 and OS 4.2 and tried it without deleting vendor.xml. After that, it worked right away.

Thanks for trying to help!

datsdwaytis no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 8320 : Attempted to upgrad to OS 4.5

Hi Fellas!
    First up thanks for the constant support to distressed ( and quite often newbie BB users). Been following the page 1 instructions all along. Here is the version info:
    Model: BB8320
    DM: 4.6
    OS: It was 4.2 but dont think theres any on mine now ; the BB website isnt allowing to download the 90Mb file
    Tried to go the BB Website and clicked on update; it brings on the App loader and it goes all the module downloading thing and all;
    Took the basic confg and it downloaded 257 modules.
    It starts with Erasing applications and while the waiting for initialization goes on; Im encountered by the ever so lovely fatal error;
    Have already done it about 12 times now.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated; been a business user for years with Nokia
    Love the BB but Havnt been able to explore it much lol
    just bought it yesterday and im down already

Lak

Lak,

First off, welcome to PinStack! Sorry to hear about your troubles.

What error are you getting on your device and are you not able to download the OS to your PC/laptop, any idea?

Who is your carrier?

Whew! I so knew someone will answer rather quickly :D

THis phone is unlocked and im using it with Vodafone in India.
    Although its a T-Mobile unlocked and all proper as I already using it all properly b4 this happened.
    Well my device is in no condition to show anything bcuz all it does it constantly shows an application somehow circled and crossed; just like a no parking sign. I reckon it means there is no OS installed.
    I have cleaned my PC from all blackberry stuff; I have just re installed the DM 4.2 and am booting again; then ill do the 8320 device software andagain try and follow whats mentioned in the long list of DOs.
    I will keep this thing updated in case anyones reading and come back in 5 mins with the latest
    For the while Can you tell me am I so far so good?

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Lak,

First off, welcome to PinStack! Sorry to hear about your troubles.

What error are you getting on your device and are you not able to download the OS to your PC/laptop, any idea?

Who is your carrier?

update

ok So now I;m done with DM 4.6 and OS 4.2
    Did all till the application loader part but it says there's no software available for my device.
    any hints?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by datsdwaytis View Post
    ok So now I;m done with DM 4.6 and OS 4.2
    Did all till the application loader part but it says there's no software available for my device.
    any hints?
    Give this a try. First go into control panel add/remove programs (programs and features on Vista) and be sure the OS is indeed installed to your PC. Then without opening DM go to c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and open the loader.exe from there. Connect your device and continue and see if this will load the OS. Make sure you have deleted the vendor.xml from the above folder as well. It should be the last one listed.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Well now it isnt recognising either
    It doesnt the USB option anymore darn!

right something happened and now i could see the device and I did selected the applications I could install. It is erasing applications for now; i reckon thats a first step;
    so i shall follow all of the 1st page items now?
    One more thing does it specifically tels u to put in the battery or the waiting for initialisation stage is the one when i shd put the battery in?

Thanks a lot for ur help m8

Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.
    Gosh I hate this specific line

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast