Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Delfim
  • 1 Post By KTW

I have problem with my BB 8700 V, that sent me to pinstack.com so I ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

Daadu no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Problems with Vodafone 8700

Advertisement

I have problem with my BB 8700 V, that sent me to pinstack.com so I am here I remain. it has been made for vodafone but I received it as gift and now there is problem. it does not run until the screen finish opening, at finish we have BlackBerry Platform 2.7.0.105 and it remains here.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hello and welcome to PinStack! I've moved your post to its own thread so we can concentrate on it here.

Well that's a pretty old device, and I'm assuming English isn't your native language, so your problem is a little hard to understand. Can you please try and explain exactly what it going on with your device?

Daadu no está en línea Stack level 1
    hello, it is true english is not my native language, i will try to be short

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well, I've taken the time to speak to a Vodafone techie, and Vodafone will be the only solution you'll have to fix it. That is if Vodafone can.
    Firstly, the BB 8700V has software that is from the primordials of smartphone OSs. Circa year 2005?
    Secondly, and since its a Vodafone phone, it has a specific boot up program that after the BB OS does its job it will sit and wait for the Vodafone app to kick in. After this happens (in your case it doesn't) it will search for specific service books provided by Vodafone to make it work. Oh sigh...!
    Since you apparently don't have the first it's useless carrying on.
    Go to Vodafone, see if they can help you. Vodafone is the carrier that your phone is locked to. (From your profile I see you're on Orange).
    Do you have Vodafone where you are?
    If you don't, I'd say thank-you to whoever offered you the BB 8700V and give it back. Maybe they'll return it to the UK, Spain or France where it probably will find its home again...
    Last edited by Delfim; 01-24-2014 at 10:33 AM.
    RogerG likes this.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Daadu View Post
    I have problem with my BB 8700 V, that sent me to pinstack.com so I am here I remain. it has been made for vodafone but I received it as gift and now there is problem. it does not run until the screen finish opening, at finish we have BlackBerry Platform 2.7.0.105 and it remains here.
    What do you mean by "screen finish opening", are you referring to switching it on ?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    What do you mean by "screen finish opening", are you referring to switching it on ?
    Did you even read what Del wrote?

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Did you even read what Del wrote?
    I did but I'm trying to understand what the problem is. Is it not booting up or not starting after boot. You have to wait for every phone to boot up before you can use it.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    KTW the 8700V is still running BB OS2. Geez, that's a dinosaur! Forget it.
    He's got as much of a chance getting it up to date as you have gettting your HTC Evo to run KitKat!

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    KTW the 8700V is still running BB OS2. Geez, that's a dinosaur! Forget it.
    He's got as much of a chance getting it up to date as you have gettting your HTC Evo to run KitKat!

never mind running kitkat...just rooting

I'm just surprised because the old stuff is always (except this time) more reliable than the modern devices of today. look at the Nokia 3310, how many of them that were not dropped or water damaged are still working today ? answer: all and most of those that wer dropped and water damaged...seriously, dropped an old Nokia in a toilet once and it still worked. it was eventually given away but I'm sure its still working to this very day. ok sorry that logical reasoning was too long but you get my point.
    Delfim likes this.