Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Originally Posted by fbbandth I have tested the Z10 for a month. for my admin ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by fbbandth View Post
    I have tested the Z10 for a month. for my admin point of view this is something not good at all. no apps in the work side dalvik machine no running with balance in the work space. apps are mostly android, behind BES 10 / BDS this is horrible, look at how does it work. between Z10 and blackberry infra it's encrypted with TLS and between Z10 and BDS it's encrypted with AES that means lot data and processor stressed battery life is ridiculous I am not talking about s/mime too. UI is copied from unbutu . Z10 + BES 10 it's not something where you can find innovation blackberry is dead in near future!!!
    Makes me wonder why people dislike an OS so much that they post extremely negative remarks about it, and then state BB is dead. Of course I know similar posts go out between Android and IOS users and we have all seen the negative comments about Windows 8, but seriously are these remarks necessary?

Since I use Ubuntu, and Red Hat in the work place in addition to Windows 7, and XP I would definitely not agree with the statement that OS 10 is a copy of Ubuntu. I find this rather amusing in fact since wasn't IOS originally based on Unix which is what Linux is based on, and isn't Android open source also based on Linux?? Don't all the OS's have some things in common. Didn't Apple complain that Android was a copy of IOS, and going further back wasn't there a little tiff between Microsoft and Apple over Windows and weren't both based on Xerox. Wasn't Blackberry the first smartphone (only with a keyboard), and what about all the early PDA's with touch screen interfaces pre Iphone which one could say were precursors to the original IPhone.

Seriously if we go far enough back I am sure we may find the original system (Abacus anyone). The important thing is that we get something we are comfortable with, the experts on Pinstack do a good job of reviewing the various phones, giving their take on the useability of said phones and then leaving the rest of us to make our decision, albeit at the moment there are not so many BB faithful left, so most of the reviews are likely to have an unintentional bias.

I on the other hand have still not upgraded (am now overdue by 3 mths for new phone), plus while my work phone was having major issues with battery life (OS6 9800) I did a factory reset, reloaded all the apps and have now tripled the battery life so cannot justify changing the phone. What's my point in this statement? My BB 9800's do all I require so why spend $100's on something new?
    bmanley and jfcooley like this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

vera no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24D593F4
    i just now read this post, so sorry for the delay in response KTW

It honestly took me 24 hours to get the comfort with the new look and functionality of the Z10

I convinced my boyfriend to get one (he has never used a smartphone in his life and is not very tech savy) and it took him literally 2 days to figure the whole thing out. I was very impressed by how easily he graspsed it for someone that does not even have a music player!

Thank you for elaborating on your thoughts!

enjoy your new device!!

Vera
    RogerG, dushdavj, chokem and 1 others like this.
    Vera Palmeri
    PIN 24D593F4

OriginalLucy no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have been reading as a guest for a while now, and decided to chime in on this one. I love the Z10, it is a pretty slick device and it didn't take me long to get the hang of gestures. I have the Playbook, so that made using the Zed more predictable and familiar. I am now 3 months in and have no regrets. The camera is pretty sweet and the storyteller app has made many a person emotional, video chat on bbm and chatting with the playbook makes it a lot of fun. Oh yeah, and also for work data bases and email.
    RogerG, Delfim and dushdavj like this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Glad to hear some good reviews.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm glad you l like your Z 10. It's a good smartphone, undoubtedly. I'm glad also for your post. You must do it more often.

OriginalLucy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, I seem to take frequent hiatuses from the internet, just to keep my sanity. I really like the Z10 as the browser is slippery fast and I love video chatting with PB friend in Cyprus. I know you can do these things on other devices, but, I really do like the BlackBerry product and have made the transition to OS10 quite nicely. Thanks for your comments.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    There is a lot I like about BB's and the Playbook and it's always annoying to hear people saying they don't have the Apps. Having said this it is very frustrating to see that certain Apps are not available or do not have the functionality of other platforms
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    The only thing that is holding me back is that I am limited to 10 email addresses and I actually have 12. Well, the other aspect that is holding me back is that the phone costs with t-mo $49.00 down plus $480 in payments which brings it to $529.00! Maybe I'll get over the price ...

You sure it's limited to 10 email accounts? I know it used to be that way when BIS was a requirement, but not sure it's got that limitation anymore since they've done away with BIS.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    You sure it's limited to 10 email accounts? I know it used to be that way when BIS was a requirement, but not sure it's got that limitation anymore since they've done away with BIS.
    according ot the BB rep that the t-mo rep was talking to, yes the limitation is still 10 emails accounts. Maybe someone else can chime in ...

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    well at least there's more choice with the q7 and q5. perhaps consider one of those as there much cheaper I think.

but would someone please tell me how to go back and home on the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    well at least there's more choice with the q7 and q5. perhaps consider one of those as there much cheaper I think.

but would someone please tell me how to go back and home on the thing.
    So you got one, KTW?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Rog, BB10 is limited to 10 E mail addresses. Now, don't ask me why.
    To get Home just press the back key till you get there. Ummmph! And yeah, if you got one, why uh?

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    So you got one, KTW?
    I play around with one at the local carrier/service provider.

currently the z10 is far too expensive for me to consider (it costs as much as an iPhone 5 in RSA)

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    How can the Z10 be too expensive. Best Buys has them free with 2 year contract and I saw them somewhere for $400 outright but I don't remember where.

Back to the post I wonder why we still have the 10 email account limit? Had more then that on the 9900 but had to have two accounts forwarded to my other accounts.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast