Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Originally Posted by RogerG Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Vera, Vera, Vera....it's all good. don't take this all so personally. we try our best to be subjective and unbiased as you will see in other threads. we llove your feedback.
    Roger while I do agree with you one should not take the comments personally after all the discussions are about phones not about your children, (which would be totally different). I can still understand why people do get annoyed and do their best to defend there choice. We see similar defense of the other systems. We all have reasons for what we choose, Vera gave hers which are perfectly good, OK she added a little dig but she is also correct about the price of a car, gone are the days in North America at least where you can buy a car for less than a $1000. This of course is more country specific, salaries are different as well (that's for your benefit KTW and also for yours Vera because it is possible to buy old cars cheaply in some places. The beauty of the Internet is that we can have discussions with people from all over the world).

We should all keep our comments civil because Pinstack is one of the few places where we still act like Ladies and Gentlemen, and the day this ends will be the day my comments will stop. Thank you Roger for keeping things civil.
    RogerG likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Got any idea how to delete emails from the phone but leave them in the account? Before you could select if you want to just delete from devise but I don't get the option and don't find anything in the settings.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Nope. You'll have to delete them one by one. Swiping from the right to centre you can choose multi selection and clean them up. But if you have Facebook or Twitter or BBM messages they all creep up back again.

Must be a way to keep emails in my account just not on my phone. Phone is going to get full of emails fast if I can't figure out a way to not delete them from both

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I can only speak for the PlayBook when I delete emails on this it does not touch the ones on my PC. Have you tried deleting an email that you don't need to see if it does delete across all platforms?
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Dave, when I took the BB back to the retailer that accepted that infirmed Z10 (heck, he made a profit, but that´s another story) I actually picked up the Playbook he had there, and I´m almost sure of something, after playing with it for just under 30 minutes. QNX on it, or whatever it has running, was more complete, more friendlier than the BB10 that caused me all this grief over a Holy Weekend! I´m glad, for my health, it´s gone. The only thing you should upgrade to, if you have to upgrade, would be the BB 9900 and OS7.
    This is a friends` advise...
    And no, it doesn´t delete. I tried it. My HUB was clean, my PC Inbox was a mess!
    dushdavj likes this.

I delete an email in the hub and it deletes it from the account completely. That's not what I want. Blackberry is going to get full of emails fast because there are emails I need to keep but not on the BB. I've looked around for a setting for this but have not found it yet.

Need to get my playbook out and see how it works now. Picked one up on launch day and maybe used it for a month. Looks brand new and even has an otterbox on it. Didn't use it since they screwed the tether up

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    Dave, when I took the BB back to the retailer that accepted that infirmed Z10 (heck, he made a profit, but that´s another story) I actually picked up the Playbook he had there, and I´m almost sure of something, after playing with it for just under 30 minutes. QNX on it, or whatever it has running, was more complete, more friendlier than the BB10 that caused me all this grief over a Holy Weekend! I´m glad, for my health, it´s gone. The only thing you should upgrade to, if you have to upgrade, would be the BB 9900 and OS7.
    And no, it doesn´t delete. I tried it. My HUB was clean, my PC Inbox was a mess!
    Thank you for the advice Del, I hope the retailer didn't make too much of a profit. I wouldn't want the Z10 for my company phone I hope that is or will be a 9900, which will work great for what I use it. For my US phone which is used far less the Z10 could work as I do not use it much. The stumbling block may price though since I am quite stingy these days and to spend even $199 on phone does hurt, so when I am next in Texas I will check it out and probably end up keeping my 9800 as it is still working fine.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    I delete an email in the hub and it deletes it from the account completely. That's not what I want. Blackberry is going to get full of emails fast because there are emails I need to keep but not on the BB. I've looked around for a setting for this but have not found it yet.

Need to get my playbook out and see how it works now. Picked one up on launch day and maybe used it for a month. Looks brand new and even has an otterbox on it. Didn't use it since they screwed the tether up
    I use the PlayBook continuously, really like it, latest OS is great.

Unfortunately according to the forums everyone is really annoyed that deleting an item on the Z10 also deletes on the server

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4
    Greetings! I got my 'free' Z10 through the RIM program for enterprise customers. Playing around with it and like it a lot. I think I might choose it over my iPhone, then again I've been a BB girl since the 950. Wouldn't trade my Samsung Galaxy S II for it though. Waiting til the S IIII comes out on Verizon and thinking of swapping out the iPhone (work) for the S IIII. I think there are enough upgrades with the Z10 that could have BB users that went to another product (in my opinion iPhone) and come back to BB. Haven't played enough yet to give a good review but working on it
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome back, Nikki! Don't be a stranger.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    Id have to agree del, the playbook is still bbs best. it would be great if they made a new one with the same os but with a port to android apps. oh and get BIS and BBM on the thing.

fbbandth no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have tested the Z10 for a month. for my admin point of view this is something not good at all. no apps in the work side dalvik machine no running with balance in the work space. apps are mostly android, behind BES 10 / BDS this is horrible, look at how does it work. between Z10 and blackberry infra it's encrypted with TLS and between Z10 and BDS it's encrypted with AES that means lot data and processor stressed battery life is ridiculous I am not talking about s/mime too. UI is copied from unbutu . Z10 + BES 10 it's not something where you can find innovation blackberry is dead in near future!!!

Len
    Len no está en línea Stack level 2
    Omg, all that is so untrue.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Omg, all that is so untrue.
    Welcome back, Len! Anything else you'd care to add?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast