Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Well, bmanley, I´ve joined the ranks of Z10. What a battle, but I´ll reserve those ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Advertisement

Well, bmanley, I´ve joined the ranks of Z10. What a battle, but I´ll reserve those "complaints" for another thread. Summarily, it´s this: It works fine (after two wipes) its great to have the HUB, and the PEEK function. It´s the apps that are a problem. Even the native ones. They don´t have the features you can find in Android or iOS. And up to a point, Windows 8. I miss the Google apps greatly, like Gmail, Search and mostly Google Drive, and there are no alternatives in the Store for these. There are sub-par apps that mimick these Google apps, but they are dismal.
    I´m sure time will be the best cure for BB10, let´s wait and see.
    I´m going to try and stick with it until the Galaxy S4 pops up. And then I´ll see.
    chokem likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    And here come the tweets....

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Couldn't care a damn about those Tweets. I say like it is. This phone cost me lotsa bucks. I'll stick with it, but for less than half the price, I could get any DROID that would be far better. All it takes for those hard BlackBerry diehards is to experiment with the alternatives and honestly admit that BB10 has a damn long marathon ahead. They just need to be honest.
    Last edited by Delfim; 03-30-2013 at 01:44 PM.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    I've played with an Android and don't like them at all. Had the I phone and it is okay. If I was to leave BlackBerry it might be for a windows phone but I have not tried one yet. Androids problem is too many different versions out there at one time. The idea of such an open platform is good but just too many different ones going on at the same time is to confusing

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Android´s virtue is there are so many to choose from. If you don´t want to be aprehensive about which one to get, then the original Nexus series phones are the good choice. Unlike Apple or BB, Google opened the market to competition with multiple choices of manufacturers employing the Android OS. We thank this vision. Now, BB has to evolve, definitely. If you use Facebook, Twitter or ever need to look at Maps and GPS, use documents like I do (ahem, except FB or Twitter), the shortfalls of the BB are more than evident. You may question why I said documents, or DocsToGo? Why can´t I see excel pages that I saved on my PC and on GDrive in landscape with the DocsToGo app on the Z10? I can see them, but when I zoom in 50% of the page is unseenable, and I´ve tried many ways to sort this out. Now on iOS or Android, with the same app DocsToGo, I don´t have a problem.
    if we laughed and severly criticised the iOS Maps app, why is everyone so mum about the Z10 Maps application? It´s offensive to their clients that BB/RIM even supplied the app. It´s ludicrous. Out here, even the spelling of locations and roads are wrong. So how do I search? Make mistakes in spelling? Maybe it will work that way.
    By no means am I deriding the BB10 software. I remember the problems the other OS´s also had, the coughs and splutters.
    But BB had 4 years to develop something. And BB10, as is, is what the BB faithfull get? And they´re are happy with it?
    I think the BB faithfull and diehards should be embued with the Android spirit. They should (I should) clamor and complain, criticize and vilify BB. Positively.
    Maybe then, BB will improve their performance.
    Like it is, whether its Heins or Lazaridis, BB´s state of mind hasn´t changed.
    And I´m very sad.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Just to add. right now I´m struggling to download BlackBery Link. I need to sync music, pictures and everything else onto my sd card. It took forever to download, and now there are errors. Ooops, I forgot, I have Windows 8. It´s a no-go! I have now to search the forums for solutions. But I havent seen any...maybe someone can help?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Getta different phone

Android versions are the goto argument against it. Fragmentation. Fragmentation.

I know its because I'm rooted and always have the latest version that this doesn't bother me.

My wife started on froyo, then had a gingerbread device, then an ICS device, and now a jellybean nexus. Guess how many apps she missed across versions.

There were no apps she missed out on that she used on a daily bases. Yes she's picked up a few features along the way but few she uses.

I started on gingerbread, then ICS, then jb. All my goto apps have worked. Some are device specific therefore version specific. So once I move on I needn't worry about those apps, and most updated when the devices updated.

Bit even more, go out and ask any non geek what version of android they have. I'd wager most don't know. I'd they are using that device daily and don't know then how does fragmentation become an issue?

It becomes an issue when a writer needs page hits or a rival needs ammo. Fragmentation is only an issue for those that make it an issue.

As for blackberry, I haven't seen anything from it that gives me reason to switch. It offers me nothing at all. Now I'm not knocking it. If it works for someone great. Feature for feature I just don't see it as robust as the alternatives. 4 years and it should be more.

What amuses me most is the lengths some go to on other sites to shone it down throats. Maybe it's the next best thing for blackberry, but as it is, (solely on what I've read mind you) it's not the next best thing in OS's.

Now flame me. #wastingyourtimetrying

(bmanley, this wasn't directed at you, just seeing your comment brought it to mind.)

jfcooley no problem. I never take it that way. I try not to put down anything but do give my opinion. I'm not sold on the new Z10 yet that is for sure but I'm an mobile email person and really could care less if things like facebook work or not so that is why BB works good for me. They did change some things like profiles and the bedside to name a few that I just don't understand. Could I get by with the iphone? Yes I could and I would not be that unhappy. The thing I don't like about apple is making everything go through itunes. Sorry I also don't use my phone for music.
    Then to me the good thing about android is also what I think is the bad thing. It's great to have so many different groups working to make it better but like I said before that also makes it bad. Everybody talks more about what the new OS will do and by the time your phone supports it there is a new one out. Also seems like every other new OS for the iphone has problems. Now this is about the same with all of them it's just with the iphone it always seems like somebody gets around the lock screen and stuff like that.
    Again I try to just what I do or don't like and hope to never be one of those that once you say something like blackberry all they can say it's a piece of sh--. I wish they would all get together and put the best of all of the platforms out there and just make one great phone that worked right out of the box
    Delfim and jfcooley like this.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    Well, bmanley, I´ve joined the ranks of Z10. What a battle, but I´ll reserve those "complaints" for another thread. Summarily, it´s this: It works fine (after two wipes) its great to have the HUB, and the PEEK function. It´s the apps that are a problem. Even the native ones. They don´t have the features you can find in Android or iOS. And up to a point, Windows 8. I miss the Google apps greatly, like Gmail, Search and mostly Google Drive, and there are no alternatives in the Store for these. There are sub-par apps that mimick these Google apps, but they are dismal.
    I´m sure time will be the best cure for BB10, let´s wait and see.
    I´m going to try and stick with it until the Galaxy S4 pops up. And then I´ll see.
    you got a Z10 ? judging by your comments, I thought you had your eye on the htc one ?...OH MY! htc must have flopped it with the htc one for you to get a Z10

.LOL

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I wonder if I am one of those bb diehards, I suppose since I have changed I would fit that label. Funny though I haven't changed because I don't need to, my current BB does what I need so why spend money? I am still not ready to change to a Z10.

Del if you want to get to Google Drive you may be able to use "Files and Folders" I use it on the Playbook.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

My 9900 is almost 2 years old and looks like it did the day I took it out of the box so I didn't need a new one. Wanted something with a bigger screen is the reason I got the Z10. Was thinking about the new Note II. The way the hub works I don't think I want to put all my email accounts into it, need to be able to have the separate icons for each account.
    Like the BBM video and the screen share. Can see where this would be a good thing for be able to share whats on your phone. You could show pictures off to friends and family, saleman could show things offf right over the phone.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by vera View Post
    First of all...... i have yet to see a 'reliable used car' priced for $139.00 anywhere that is legal .... maybe your neighbourhood is different from where i live ..... if that is the case then i am clearly paying way more then i should be for cars

There are a few reasons why i chose my z10

1 Security is paramount for me - nothing on the market has anywhere near the security in a BB device - hands down
    2 i am a power horse user of my device so i want and need a device i can do TRUE multi-tasking with
    3 Although BB is proprietary in so many ways it allows compatibility in ways Apple refuses to - i have a 64gig sd card in my Z10, can connect it to my TV by HDMI to run video and pics on a large screen and can load ALL my music on it with playlists from my iTunes in tact!
    4 i LOVE the BB Hub!!
    5 I love the business minded focus that is in every function of the device, how the contacts work, how email works and so on
    6 Like my car, i prefer something that runs solid and reliable to something that is pretty to look at parked in the parking spot or has a loud engine. if i want to make my device pretty i just pimp it up with pretty cases and accessories

I don't look for an argument either but the single minded attack on something you have never used for more then a few minutes does not make you seem like you are making a knowledgeable assessment

There are NUMEROUS ex-iPhone users that are using a Z10 and will never switch back... as them why

Further more.... i am Canadian to the core and believe in supporting business people in my country when they have a solid product or service to offer!

Thanks for your input and i trust you will enjoy whatever device you chose to use! As i will my Z10
    "single minded attack"...i was not malicious to anything. look, lets just leave it at this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Vera, Vera, Vera....it's all good. don't take this all so personally. we try our best to be subjective and unbiased as you will see in other threads. we llove your feedback.

Anybody got one have any better ideas on setting ringers? I had berrybuzz on the 9900 and like to be able to set ring to go more then once and also like the reminders when I missed a call and things like that. Also is there a way to set a number to be silent? Far as I can tell you have to set a tone even in the contacts. Loving the screen size but missing many things the 9900 could do.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I haven't seen anything on BlackBerry World. Except for some that control the notification light. I see Shape services have Be weather up for the Z10, so I think all the other apps, including BerryBuzzer will be available some time.
    You can set individual tones per contact if you edit it. But all other things from OS 7 are missing. I know, I've looked for them...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast