Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Saw this on Crackberry: Sound profiles have been changed up in BlackBerry 10 from what ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Saw this on Crackberry:

Sound profiles have been changed up in BlackBerry 10 from what you're used to. You cannot create custom sound profiles anymore, and the volume settings for a profile apply to all of the apps in that profile.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Thanks for the link, I was hoping that was not the way their new bedside mode worked. I don't want my phone to not ring if I get a call in the middle of the night. The way I have my old one setup I have a profile I used at night that would let my phone ring, I would get text and BBM's. Going to have to see if there is a way to change this because I like to use my phone as my clock at night but still want phone calls and stuff in case there is an emergency. You know that call at 2am! I'm not the white house I like to answer them. Also need a digital clock so it's not so hard to read at night. Maybe there will be an app for that. The way they have this bedside setup it would be great for going into a meeting or something like that were you want your phone to just remain silent and I guess there are guys that don't want the phone to ring when they are sleeping but not me

I always hated the middle of the night phone call. It's never good news when someone calls during the middle of the night.

Keep us updated on how you like the device, Ben! We're gonna rely on you to be our resident expert here on that device, so don't be a stranger.

Wonder why they don't want use making our own profiles? Might just take this Z10 back and keep my 9900 for now. Come up BB, are you leaving it up to the app world to make the phone do things it once came with as standard? One thing I hate is looking thru a bunch of apps and then fighting to get them to work right. If I liked doing that I'd go with an iphone or android. Wonder how the windows phones do it

I will try.

As for the night calls the only phone to call me in the middle of the night would be family and friends that need something. Don't have a home phone anymore and don't want one.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Nice to see you back here!
    My experience with it was limited, and I had no problems with contacts since I used Google to load them up.
    I'm sure with time, and some buddies acquiring the Z10, well all be jumping in with help just like before. In the meantime if we do find answers to any problems, or setup glitches, we'll post them for sure.
    Your thread is a good start. If you solve the problems, let us know as well.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    *makes note to call all these people at 2am*

Del would probably already be up. My phone is usually turned off, so you, Del and Ben can have a nice conversation.

Don't use google but maybe I will try that way. Got around 1400 contacts so would like for them to transfer without allot of trouble.
    There are a bunch of sites with tips and tricks but so far all have had the same ones. Got it later yesterday so I've not had a long time to fiddle with it. Spent too much trying to get my contacts over

I'm not normally up and thank God I don't get calls at all hours of the night but the ones I do get I really need to get

Was in at Best Buys taking back my Lenovo Yoga and ordering a Dell so I need to get busy and figure this out so when the new laptop gets here I can play with it

Yeah, Google is the way to go. Get all your contacts into Google with whatever your Gmail address is, then once that's done, all you need to do when you switch devices is add your Gmail account, then choose to sync Google contacts and you're done. No need to mess around with DM or whatever other middleman software there might be.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    If you have your contacts on Gmail, just set up it up like that. It's almost instant. I didn't try anything else, but I would attempt to copy these Gmail contacts to the BB internal contact list. It's worth a try.
    As for 2am talks (here +|- 7am) forget it. I'm either snoozing or in the shower. And the Eyephone only wakes up at 8am. So merry chatting for you guys.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by vera View Post
    Your comment is interesting..... every retailer i have been to and asked .... have without prejudice said that the Z10 and the new Samsung are are hands down the top two devices on the market! They can not keep them in stock... further.... they ONLY people who seem to not like the device are the ones that have not used it for more then 3 minutes in a store.

There is a new nick name that has been given to iPhone users..... Zombies.... they follow those in-front of them without thinking for themselves

After using my Z10 for just over a month i am more thrilled then the first day I got it.

I have a question though..... everyone who disses on BlackBerry goes on about apps.... just how many apps do you use on a regular basis anyway? 20? 30? 300? 3000? 3, 000,000? EVERYday? Realistically???? Personally i have NO time to play sensless mindless games for any length of time.... i have a job/career and a life! there are more apps in BB App World then i will ever download or use

Just sayin........

He may have avoided your question cause it would seem you were not able to comprehend his reply? Rude gets rude back
    Just curious as to why the iPhone Zombie comment was necessary?

Well have a couple of days I'm getting use to it. Had it a birthday party last night and several iphone users there were really liking it. The lack of being able to make my own profiles sucks but there maybe an app that will help with that. Everybody liked being able to swipe around with one hand to get around and having your open apps on the one page was something everybody liked. Put it in an otterbox and not liking that too much but it's not bad. Think the sedio case might be nice but I hate their belt clips. The break too easy and I hate having to wait until I ship them the broken one before they replace it. For the price they should be able to fix the cheap design of the clip
    Bedside mode should be allot more like the way it worked on the 9900. The biggest thing is why doesn't it auto dim?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast