Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Hope to get some of our BlackBerry faithful back and posting in the forums, so ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

New Thread for a New BlackBerry!

Advertisement

Hope to get some of our BlackBerry faithful back and posting in the forums, so here's a new thread for the new Z10!

We'll create one for the Q10 upon its release as well.
    Delfim, Mark Stone and chokem like this.

vera no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24D593F4
    YES!!! found it!!!

Iam REALLY loving my new BBF ..... FIANCE...... Little Man........................ aka .............. Z10!!!
    RogerG and chokem like this.
    Vera Palmeri
    PIN 24D593F4

Glad to have you back, Vera!

PIN/ID
    24D593F4

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Glad to have you back, Vera!
    Thanks Roger!
    Vera Palmeri
    PIN 24D593F4

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've just seen the z10...impressive camera...not so impressive anything else. Oh and it has access to Android apps... So I asked the guy how usless is the bb app world for them to do that...no reply(he avoided the question)

PIN/ID
    24D593F4
    Your comment is interesting..... every retailer i have been to and asked .... have without prejudice said that the Z10 and the new Samsung are are hands down the top two devices on the market! They can not keep them in stock... further.... they ONLY people who seem to not like the device are the ones that have not used it for more then 3 minutes in a store.

There is a new nick name that has been given to iPhone users..... Zombies.... they follow those in-front of them without thinking for themselves

After using my Z10 for just over a month i am more thrilled then the first day I got it.

I have a question though..... everyone who disses on BlackBerry goes on about apps.... just how many apps do you use on a regular basis anyway? 20? 30? 300? 3000? 3, 000,000? EVERYday? Realistically???? Personally i have NO time to play sensless mindless games for any length of time.... i have a job/career and a life! there are more apps in BB App World then i will ever download or use

Just sayin........

He may have avoided your question cause it would seem you were not able to comprehend his reply? Rude gets rude back
    Vera Palmeri
    PIN 24D593F4

KTW
    Ok fair enough...but understand with the apps...its not about how many I use...its about choice, as you know for some people(myself) a smart phone is very personal. I do not believe I was rude. It's not that I diss blackberry because I feel like it. It's just that I've seen its competition and let's be honest...these guys at the carrier shops ain't really clued up. They will recommend any device that is popular so not to offend anyone's favorite device. I mean in my country its pathetic...absolutely pathetic! Just ask them why and they will give you some bogus answer on how the email is excellent and how good the keyboard is.

Then they beat around the bush, don't worry many iphone fans

The reason I don't just take anyones opinion is because I like to test the device myself and to be fair it just failed to impress.
    It had no way near as many animations as my EVO running sense 3.6 (i like eye candy)
    It's responsiveness was ok but by no means amazing.

Look I'm not fighting
    (as I don't see this worth fighting for)

I do not intend to mock your device in anyway.though I find it unbelievable that people can spend the same price on a phone that you would on a old reliable car. Please understand.

But if I may ask, why did you choose the z10 over all competition ?

PIN/ID
    24D593F4
    First of all...... i have yet to see a 'reliable used car' priced for $139.00 anywhere that is legal .... maybe your neighbourhood is different from where i live ..... if that is the case then i am clearly paying way more then i should be for cars

There are a few reasons why i chose my z10

1 Security is paramount for me - nothing on the market has anywhere near the security in a BB device - hands down
    2 i am a power horse user of my device so i want and need a device i can do TRUE multi-tasking with
    3 Although BB is proprietary in so many ways it allows compatibility in ways Apple refuses to - i have a 64gig sd card in my Z10, can connect it to my TV by HDMI to run video and pics on a large screen and can load ALL my music on it with playlists from my iTunes in tact!
    4 i LOVE the BB Hub!!
    5 I love the business minded focus that is in every function of the device, how the contacts work, how email works and so on
    6 Like my car, i prefer something that runs solid and reliable to something that is pretty to look at parked in the parking spot or has a loud engine. if i want to make my device pretty i just pimp it up with pretty cases and accessories

I don't look for an argument either but the single minded attack on something you have never used for more then a few minutes does not make you seem like you are making a knowledgeable assessment

There are NUMEROUS ex-iPhone users that are using a Z10 and will never switch back... as them why

Further more.... i am Canadian to the core and believe in supporting business people in my country when they have a solid product or service to offer!

Thanks for your input and i trust you will enjoy whatever device you chose to use! As i will my Z10
    TechieGirl and jfcooley like this.
    Vera Palmeri
    PIN 24D593F4

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Vera. Firstly the Z10 is a superior BB. And that's what BB owners pride themselves with.
    Being patriotic doesn't seem, for me anyway, that I need to buy a "local" product to demonstrate it. But feeling that way isn't sinful either. And remaining in this same point, the subjective nature of personal choices is what makes this world go round. And that's why there's iOS, Android, and a host of others...if the hat fits, wear it! Pinstack is also an open forum, so discussions are across the board, all types, all OS's, all opinions...which are respected by all of us.
    Secondly, some statements are made by people that are better left alone.
    Enough said. Im sure you'll understand.
    Last edited by Delfim; 03-16-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    jfcooley and KTW like this.

KTW
    you have no idea what cars are legal in my country LOL. some people use cardboard break pads and spanners as steering wheels. not to mention bricks for a hand break and sometimes they get fines. LOL...RSA is awesome!
    Last edited by KTW; 03-31-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Looking at all the comparisons on the web between the Z10 and other devices, it seems to me that your smartphone choice these days is largely a matter of taste. Vera makes a great point that comparing the App stores as a way of comparing smartphones is useless. Even though BlackBerry and Windows Phone have much fewer choices than iOS and Android, there are still an uncommonly large amount of great apps to choose from. For example, Android may have 50 "flashlight" apps, and BlackBerry may have only 15 - but that doesn't mean BlackBerrys selection is poor. The only advantage Android and iOS have in apps is some companies have chosen to not make apps available for the smaller makers. But that gap is closing, too.

Recently, we could argue the merits of different smartphones and we could identify weaker "flagship" devices. But now with the overwhelming onslaught brought on by Samsung, the introduction of the Zeeeeeeeee from BB, and the marriage of Windows Phone and Nokia, the one you choose to call "best" is merely a matter of taste and personal need. Tractorlegs has spoken.
    jfcooley and KTW like this.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

nice discussion. Great to hear your take, Vera! don't be a stranger.

KTW
    as for calling iPhone users zombies.....that's not the best I've heard, before I continue, are there still any iPhone fans on pinstack ?

if there are then just don't take what I say offensively (ice already got the feel I'm going to be misunderstood but anyway.)

note: a urasian magpie is a bird that steels shiny things for its nest.
    I referred to iphone owners as magpies that only buy iPhones because they are shiny. but the responsiveness of an iPhone is still unmatched but I suppose windows phone is now on par.

KTW
    I'm sorry if I offend bb fans but understand that I have seen all technical advances so very few fails to impress. I was even disappointed by the Samsung galaxy S4..

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by vera View Post
    First of all...... i have yet to see a 'reliable used car' priced for $139.00 anywhere that is legal .... maybe your neighbourhood is different from where i live ..... if that is the case then i am clearly paying way more then i should be for cars

There are a few reasons why i chose my z10

1 Security is paramount for me - nothing on the market has anywhere near the security in a BB device - hands down
    2 i am a power horse user of my device so i want and need a device i can do TRUE multi-tasking with
    3 Although BB is proprietary in so many ways it allows compatibility in ways Apple refuses to - i have a 64gig sd card in my Z10, can connect it to my TV by HDMI to run video and pics on a large screen and can load ALL my music on it with playlists from my iTunes in tact!
    4 i LOVE the BB Hub!!
    5 I love the business minded focus that is in every function of the device, how the contacts work, how email works and so on
    6 Like my car, i prefer something that runs solid and reliable to something that is pretty to look at parked in the parking spot or has a loud engine. if i want to make my device pretty i just pimp it up with pretty cases and accessories

I don't look for an argument either but the single minded attack on something you have never used for more then a few minutes does not make you seem like you are making a knowledgeable assessment

There are NUMEROUS ex-iPhone users that are using a Z10 and will never switch back... as them why

Further more.... i am Canadian to the core and believe in supporting business people in my country when they have a solid product or service to offer!

Thanks for your input and i trust you will enjoy whatever device you chose to use! As i will my Z10
    so what do you recommend ? look ill be honest that after seeing no home button put me way off. it will just take me a ton of effort to get used to. it feels all alian to me. how long did it take you to get used to it ? be honest.

the only reason I went off about the app world is because my friend had the 8520...there was almost no choice, you couldn't do much with it but use it as body armor.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast