OK, this is a first... I have had a Blackberry of one type or another ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

sdeeter19555 no está en línea Stack level 2

New OS...being pushed by ATT?

Advertisement

OK, this is a first...

I have had a Blackberry of one type or another since 2009. The only time OS upgrades were done is when Desktop Manager told me they were available. Fast forward to earlier this week...both my wife and I receive multiple emails from ATT on how there is a new OS for our 9810s and three different ways to upgrade??? Umm, yeah, OS has been available for a couple weeks now through DM.

Has anyone installed the latest and greatest Torch OS upgrade, and what did it get you? I'm very hesitant to install this new version just because ATT is pushing it so hard (what do THEY intend to change on my BB?).

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome back!

If you've already installed this particular OS, no need to install the AT&T version.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Welcome back!

If you've already installed this particular OS, no need to install the AT&T version.

I have not installed it, because it takes time and I didn't want to have issues (the current version works just fine)...

I was waiting for a good time to install, then ATT starting pushing for owners to install it...makes me wonder why, since they never have contacted me previously to do the same???

I'm no longer on AT&T or BlackBerry, so I can't tell you why they're so hot to push it on you. Is it a different version than the one you currently have?

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Most stock factory upgrades, whether it be OTA or DM really is a slight tweak of the current version, unless like T-Mobile per say is a upgrade from 2.3.6 to 4.0.1 ICS from Juggernaut. Now there was a lot of difference. It's like the nightly upgrades if you've rooted and changed roms, the nightlies are so slight that you can't tell what they've done. If you are comfortable with what you have I would just ignore the push. I can unsubscribe through my tmobile online to the push notifications by text or email. Not sure about AT&T

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Hmmm, finally did the upgrade...

Seems alright...the biggest thing I noticed was there is now an option for a "WiFi Hotspot". There are other minor things, but that's probably the one biggie.

There is also a new "Emergency Alert Messages" folder, and "Blackberry Mobile Conference" application.

So far no problems...

Good to hear.