Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 545556575859606162 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Choose the first option for the DM download. Once you have that installed, connect your ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Choose the first option for the DM download.

Once you have that installed, connect your device and see if DM recognizes it.

Either way, close DM and try the options in the first post again.

FAWKSHOUND no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Choose the first option for the DM download.

Once you have that installed, connect your device and see of DM recognizes it.

Either way, close DM and try the options in the first post again.
    Under Blackberry Desktop Software (Windows OS) correct? Can I not just download the ENG version of the DM instead of getting the multilingual version?

Yes, and you can get either, it doesn't matter.

Okay, it's way past my bedtime.

I will check in tomorrow, unless somebody else cares to step in. I'm not the only one here.

We will get you going. Might just take a few different tries at things, but we'll get you there.

You're able to access the pictures on the device, correct?

Okay, it's way past my bedtime.

I will check in tomorrow, unless somebody else cares to step in. I'm not the only one here.

We will get you going. Might just take a few different tries at things, but we'll get you there.

You're able to access the pictures on the device, correct?
    thats right. i just installed the device manager and the blackberry is recognized. if the methods in the OP do not work now i will post and talk to you tomorrow. thank you. good night.

Strange that DM recognizes it and you're unable to detect the device as a storage device on the PC.

Have you tried rebooting your PC? Sometimes the USB ports get horked (technical term ) after awhile. Disconnect everything, reboot your PC, then reconnect. Perhaps the USB drivers installed with DM will help your device to be recognized as an external drive.

Strange that DM recognizes it and you're unable to detect the device as a storage device on the PC.

Have you tried rebooting your PC? Sometimes the USB ports get horked (technical term ) after awhile. Disconnect everything, reboot your PC, then reconnect. Perhaps the USB drivers installed with DM will help your device to be recognized as an external drive.
    Ok so after installing the device manager i tried the procedures in the first post. when i launched the .bat file, the device rebooted but it did not pop up.

so then i tried the second procedure, clicked on the file, ran it, the device rebooted, but did not pop up. i am trying to reboot my computer as you suggested right now. but yes i can confirm again that the blackberry IS recognized by the device manager.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

If DM sees it, so should the computer. Is mass storage mode enabled on the device?

rebooting did not work. i am trying the .bat file one more time then going to sleep as well. this situation is very puzzling.

yes all of those options are on. that was the first thing i checked.

Anything new to report here?

no. sorry i had a busy day yesterday. nothing has changed. DM still see it, but it does not pop up on the computer.

Problem resolved. I popped in the disc that she gave me along with the phone into my XP desktop, and it installed an olderversion of desktop manager. lo and behold i could connect my phone and get whatever i wanted off of it. i do find it strange how the new version didn't allow me to do this on my laptop though.

either way, thank you for replying to a 3 year old thread in order to try to resolve my problem. i will come back to this site if i have nay more technical problems with anything pretty much.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Excellent. Glad you got it sorted out.

vijaykumarbr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you very much. A long struggle came to an end with the above download.