Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 53545556575859606162 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Sandy, you might want to try using a different USB cable. Kind of sounds like ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Sandy, you might want to try using a different USB cable. Kind of sounds like the cable you're using is not a data cable.

sandy112 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by westernpeey View Post
    hello sandy112,

i could suggest you downloading BBSAK, its a desktop application that does "stuffs" with ur bb, so what you could do is this::
    1- download the bb os 5 setup to ur pc
    2- backup your third-party apps using BBSAK
    3- backup and sync your bb with your bb desktop software
    4- wipe off your bb using BBSAK
    5- load the OS downloaded using the BBSAK OS loader.

Lemme know if it works
    Cheers!
    Thanks for the advice but I tried it and it doesn't work. It won't detect my Blackberry. It says "no device detected, push OK to continue".

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Sandy, you might want to try using a different USB cable. Kind of sounds like the cable you're using is not a data cable.
    I was thinking the same thing, but I tried connecting an 8120 Pearl, and it recognized it without effort. When I connect mine it doesn't even make the USB connection sound. I'm wondering if there's some setting I might have touched. It used to connect just fine. Mass storage used to work, and I used to be able to connect to the DM. There's definitely something fishy going on with my BB.
    Last edited by sandy112; 02-20-2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Pearl, not Curve

Query: Can the cable for 8120 be used for 9000? Is there a difference?

pandojevito no está en línea Stack level 1
    THANKS!!!!!! the calfix.exe worked great on my 9000!! Thanks a lot!!
    RogerG likes this.

Glad it worked out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy112 View Post
    Query: Can the cable for 8120 be used for 9000? Is there a difference?
    As long as it's a BlackBerry cable and the ports are identical, there's no reason this cable couldn't be used.

As long as it's a BlackBerry cable and the ports are identical, there's no reason this cable couldn't be used.
    Ok that's what I thought. I'm starting to think this might be a physical problem with the BB's port. I used to carry it in a case hooked to my pocket and would charge it in the car (while in the case) and would sometimes forget that it was hooked up and proceed to leave the car with it still attached. I've bent a couple of wire leads doing this. Plus the lead on my first wall charger got stepped on while attached to the BB. Maybe the port is damaged.Oh well, as long as it still charges.

I guess there's no need to drown myself in anxiety about this anymore. I only have four months left till the end of my contract when I'll switch carriers and upgrade to the 9900.

Thanks anyway for your help.
    Last edited by sandy112; 02-21-2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong post, formatting, etc.

FAWKSHOUND no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't suppose this will get replied to. but ill try anyways.

im trying to get some pictures off my Pearl 8100. it does not have a media card in it. Nothing shows up when i plug it in to a computer. I've tried all the methods in this thread to fix it but nothing has worked. when i run the batch file it states that it "cannot connect to blackberry device manager"

if anyone knows what im doing wrong, please let me know. thank you.

Well, here's your response, if you ever come on here again.

Would be helpful if you'd describe the steps you've taken to get pictures off the device.....how long they've been there, all the different things you've tried, etc.

Well, here's your response, if you ever come on here again.

Would be helpful if you'd describe the steps you've taken to get pictures off the device.....how long they've been there, all the different things you've tried, etc.
    The pictures have been on the phone for an unknown amount of time, i just received it from a friend. At first, all I thought I had to do was plug it in and take the pictures off and give them to her. However, when I plugged the device in nothing popped up. I eventually found my way to this thread and got excited seeing how many people reported that the fixes listed in the OP worked.

I have tried doing the things mentioned and neither one of them managed to reboot my phone. When trying to launch the .bat file, after I press any button as requested, a message pops up saying "could not connect to blackberry device manager" then it asks me to press any button again and an endless loop is created. I have also tried to go into the device manager as requested by another user who also said none of the procedures listed in the OP worked for them as well. But that did not work either.

Does the device power up normally? Is this just an old, dead phone that hasn't been powered up forever?

Do you have the Desktop Manager software loaded on your PC?

Does the device power up normally? Is this just an old, dead phone that hasn't been powered up forever?

Do you have the Desktop Manager software loaded on your PC?
    The phone has been in frequent use since it was bought. She upgraded her phone about 2 weeks ago and mine was borken so she gave me this one.

I do not have Desktop Manager. Do I need that?

Yes, I would suggest you download and install Desktop Manager.

So what happens when you connect the device to the PC with the USB cable?

Here's where you can get Desktop Manager:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...93E4F3BB068C22

Yes, I would suggest you download and install Desktop Manager.

So what happens when you connect the device to the PC with the USB cable?
    I hear the noise associated with a USB device being connected to the computer, but no drive comes up for me to access files. Im sorry, what exactly do I do with this device manager? Which of the options listed to I choose to download?