Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Originally Posted by dhahn Thank you!!!!!! I spend 1/2 hour with RIM and tried testing ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5

Lightbulb ZipGenius

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by dhahn View Post
    Thank you!!!!!! I spend 1/2 hour with RIM and tried testing and trying to fix on my own for hours. Only had small problem opening RAR file with winzip-didn't like it so had to download trial version of compression s/w. Other than that, it is working. THANK YOU!!!
    I use ZipGenius. Fast and FREE!

carmines04 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you Safiy

Safiy,

You are a great person and a great American and we thank you for posting the solution. It took me hours of searching boards like this for a solution. I had purchased my BB used to sending it out to tmobile wasn't an option. And I almost gave up the 100th time I read somebody posting a suggestion for me to reboot/format/wipe/check device manager/upgrade BB OS/Downgrade BB OS/.

I can't believe I couldn't find any reference of this problem on the BB web site either.

Sending some good karma your way for this one as I was a few steps away from tossing the BB and Tmobile and switching to a iphone.

Thank you again.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Quote Originally Posted by carmines04 View Post
    Safiy,

You are a great person and a great American and we thank you for posting the solution. It took me hours of searching boards like this for a solution. I had purchased my BB used to sending it out to tmobile wasn't an option. And I almost gave up the 100th time I read somebody posting a suggestion for me to reboot/format/wipe/check device manager/upgrade BB OS/Downgrade BB OS/.

I can't believe I couldn't find any reference of this problem on the BB web site either.

Sending some good karma your way for this one as I was a few steps away from tossing the BB and Tmobile and switching to a iphone.

Thank you again.
    No problem and thank you for such appreciation.
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~

Loooouuuuzer no está en línea Stack level 1
    You are a God.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Quote Originally Posted by Loooouuuuzer View Post
    You are a God.
    lol ur welcome. I don't think I've reached that status yet. Pinstack professional maybe.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

dumbsioux no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks! Worked perfect on my Bold!

MrTCrazyfool no está en línea Stack level 1
    OMG....you are a legend!
    worked a treat

ukman15 no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi i'm really sorry but i just cannot get this to work, i'm running the program with the phone connected and it says this 'hahanew is not recognized asan internal or external command, operable program or batch file', then I press a key and this message just repeats, please help?

It's ok sorted it, just needed to move the file out of WinRAR before running it, if I could afford the airfair I would fly over and give you the biggest kiss!!!!! Thanks buddy you're a life saver!!!! x
    Last edited by ukman15; 02-28-2009 at 03:08 PM.

ddddee no está en línea Stack level 1
    didnt work for me damn

smokekit no está en línea Stack level 1
    Unfortunatley this fix didn't remedy my issues. This guy's post sums up the behaviour of my 8130 with regards to "mass storage" after upgrading to v4.5:

Any idea is appreciated! After upgrading the device software to version 4.5 earlier this week (BlackBerry 8800 with v4.5.0.69 (platform 2.7.0.72)) as proposed by T-Mobile and RIM Germany something has changed with the behaviour when connecting via USB as a mass storage device:

Using a micro-SD card with 2 GB for some months now as a storage for MP3-Files which can be played with my Blue&Me system in my car. This is some kind of Microsoft Windows mobile platform (Automotive) providing playback of MP3-files etc connected via USB. This was never a problem with the previous software. It behaved as it should. Here is an example of what it previously did:

"On your Blackberry device, you may or may not first see a message about insufficient current. It just means you can't charge your Blackberry with that PC USB port. Hit the escape key once (on your Blackberry device). You will be prompted a question : do you want to activate USB Mass Storage Mode. You can answer YES or NO. Answer YES."

The message about insufficient current is important here because the Blue&Me system does not provide the current as proposed by USB-standards. Anyway after clicking this message/warning away the Blue&Me would recognize the mass storage and start playback.

After upgrading to v4.5 there is no warning about current any more and the mass storage can't be recognized. I've checked both components: The B&M works fine with any other USB-devices connected, and the BB works fine with Windows after connecting via USB (presumably because there is enough current!). All standard settings in Options/Media card for enabling mass storage have been tested but without success.

Has anyone encountered a similar behaviour with his (or her) BB and a low current USB-connection? Dows anyone know a workaround?

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    My sisters Blackberry 8310 has the same issue i will try and let you guys in on the news!!! After i try this method

smokekit no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am now positive this has something to do uniquely with the upgrade to v4.5. I still have my old blackberry pearl (have to return it to phone company), and it had v4.3 on it and I just wiped it clean and installed 4.5. Guess what? It no longer plays in my car or my home stereo. Computer reads it fine. The files show up on the phone. Two pearls - two upgrades to 4.5 and both experience loss of "mass storage device" with regard to external audio via usb. Not the setting either. I'm way passed that stage.

psebold no está en línea Stack level 1
    This worked but my (BBM) disapeared along with other folders.

and after the phone rebooted and turned the phone on it came up

:uncaught exception:java.lang.nullpointer exception.

Any Suggestions and Why?

randallhilton no está en línea Stack level 1
    Success on my BB Bold with the following note:
    With phone connected, run the hahanew.exe
    Then run the bat file.
    In my case, the bat file didn't want to quit running, it just looped over and over again -- "press any key to continue" I finally decided to abort the bat then, after rebooting (I didn't know if the computer or the bberry was to be rebooted so I did both)

Upon connection, the computer did the automatic hardware set up and delivered an error message about the drive letter assignment but after that was over, everything worked fine.

I can now see the device memory as well as as the sd card, each as a separate drive letter.

thanks for sharing the repair!

dannytgt no está en línea Stack level 1
    HI, firstly AWESOME PATCH; thanks a lot; and i got a question, i have an bb8100,with NO micro SD, and after the instalation of the patch; new disk F appear in my PC but i tried to access this folder and it show the message: please isert a disk into the unit F:; and therefore i cant access mi information on the internal memory.

Again thanks for your preciuos help.

Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast