philippe2324 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

It is free to download the program?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, it's free.

thepft no está en línea Stack level 1
    doesn't work on the BB curve 8530.Still shows up as drive F...(

ktinman no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just got a new Pearl 9100 and having the same problem. Tried the file but it said it didn't recognize the device. Get a newer loader.

Is there something new that will work on the new Pearl?

johnnysyeah no está en línea Stack level 1
    Alright... After 3 hours of trying every method written by anyone in these 44 pages.. I still cannot get this problem fixed.
    I use the BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 with Software 5.0.0.713. This phone is a replacement after I broke my other one 10 days ago.
    I'd actually went out to the store earlier today to replace this replacement too, cause the guy couldn't figure out why the mass storage isn't working either.
    I got home with this 2nd replacement and it didn't work either, so I decided to read up on it and found this long thread.
    I downloaded the calfix.exe and I ran it with my BB plugged in. It opens up a dos window with some kind of dialog showing up
    "Uploading RAM Image .. .... .... ... "
    After it got to 100%, it said "Done" and the dos window closed automatically.
    Then my BB rebooted itself. I then rebooted my computer during that time too, but it still does not work.
    I have tried deleting all the drivers that has to do with Blackberry in my device manager and then reinstalling it by replugging it back into my computer. That does not work either.
    I think I should just give up and just spend the extra 1 minute every time I want to transfer data to take out my micro SD card and put it into a reader.
    This is ridiculous. I pay hundreds of dollars for a phone that won't function correctly.
    The really funny part was my old phone worked just fine.
    What I've also noticed is that anyone who has this problem seem to have a replacement phone. I should really go back to that store and let them know of this problem so they might try to actually fix it for us.

johnnysyeah no está en línea Stack level 1
    Okay.. this is weird, GOOD! But weird.
    I went to eat, got home, and plugged it into my computer just for the hell of it.
    And.... IT WORKED!
    I don't know how or why, but I'm not questioning it, haha.

myxonline no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you so much. used CALFIX on my 8520 and it now works 100%. You guys are the best. UPDATED 17 Aug 2010 - On restart my phone went back to its old tricks with SD card not working when connecting to a pc via mini usb. Back to the drawing board..... Anybody out there had this "double" failure
    Last edited by myxonline; 08-17-2010 at 11:52 AM.

mahadevan no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile The fix (BB storage activation new.rar) worked on BB storm. Thanks!

Safiy, Thanks.. Your fix suggested on 12-15-2008 worked like charm on my BB storm!
    I was struggling for more than a year; Verizon tech could not help.
    I was a bit skeptical and concerned if I would screw my BB. I took chance and it worked.

Thanks for your good work.

knamthip no está en línea Stack level 1

for who that cannot get it working!! this might help!!!

I spend two days trying to figure out what is wrong with my curve 8900.
    My problem is that when I plugged to PC it doesn't have a message asking me to use mass storage at all.
    My computer cannot see the media card nor the media manager. And I was searching and do everything which posted on the web, and still didn't work. I was thinking that something wrong it the phone itself for the start, but then I keep trying things with it before I return to the shop.

Here is how I did it.

My media card is working fine, I can see the card in the phone, but not the PC.

Then I tried run this file first time, but it didn't work for the first time I have tried. Nothing happen.

Then I finally figure out how to get this fix, so I would share with you all that has the same problem as me.

I found many way how to do this. (Just need to make sure your media card is working properly, if you can see the file from your blackberry then it is ok)

- First thing I try is

I downgrade the software. Then the mass storage work just fine.
    But I don't like the old version so I try to upgrade it, and the problem of mass storage came back again ...so...

- Second thing I try is install the firmware from fresh

So I finally wipe out the phone by this program JL_cmder Then my blackberry is clean.

So I install a firmware from fresh by desktop manager(pick the version you want).
    You can download the firmware from blackberry site http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp Pick your phone service provider and download the software for your blackberry. Choose any version you want.

Don't be panic when your blackberry boot up with an error message after the wipe off method.
    Just plug in blackberry with your pc and open up desktop manager.

Then just install the firmware as you would like to install/upgrade the phone with deksktop manager with version you like.
    Go here if you do not know how to install/upgrade firmware
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

After your blackberry boot up with new firmware, if you are lucky then you will get a message asking for a mass storage.(make sure your option of mass storage under option is "on")

If not then just run this program
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f59/mass_...the_fix-96938/
    Then your problem should be fix!!!!

** when I tried different version of firmware I find out that my curve 8900 always has mass storage problem with the blackberry firmware 4.6.1.231 (Platform 4.2.0.108) always....so I decided to install version 5.0.x.x and the problem is gone. ***

I HOPE THIS WILL HELP FOR THOSE WHO STILL HAVE PROBLEM AFTER RUNNING THIS PROGRAM.
    GOODLUCK!!!!
    Last edited by knamthip; 08-19-2010 at 04:08 AM.

DFX2K9 no está en línea Stack level 1
    YAY, it WORKS, My goodness, that was getting on my nerves, let me tell you... can't thank you enough for that (will keep it handy, too, just in case)

varandian no está en línea Stack level 1
    This doesn't work on a Bold 9000 running Device Software v5.0.0.610, here's the output:

C:\DOWNLOAD\BB Storage Activation\BB storage Activation new>"BB storage Activation new.bat"

C:\DOWNLOAD\BB Storage Activation\BB storage Activation new>hahanew -u usbms -s
    RIM Wireless Device Command-Line Programmer Version 3.9.0.49
    Copyright 2008 Research In Motion Limited

Connecting to Bootrom: Connected

[ Uploading RAM Image 0x8002B6B4 ] [############## 100 ##############]
    This loader software is too old for this device. Please use a newer version.

...any ideas on where I can get a new version of RIM's Wireless Device Command-Line Programmer?

wightie13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    wonderful! thanks!

pete033 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I still can't get my 9530 to recognize mass media storage, any other clues? I can't run a *.rar file if my computer won't recognize a *.rar extension. I have enabled all mass media on the device and it worked fine until I upgraded the desktop software to ver. 6.

georgekh no está en línea Stack level 1
    worked for my bold 9000

pete033 no está en línea Stack level 1
    How did you run the *.rar file?