Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Sounds like you're not following the instructions. You don't run the batch file on your ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Sounds like you're not following the instructions. You don't run the batch file on your BB. Your BB is attached to your computer and the batch file is run on the COMPUTER.

Don't know if it'll work on a Mac.

escobaster no está en línea Stack level 1
    i think it doesnt but i am trying to do it on a PC and it doesnt work either , which file should i run first ? is my bb suppose to reboot by itself?

Have you tried the fix in this post? Much simpler.....

Posted by SVT_Cobra:

This is the latest fix from BlackBerry.com
    It's a very simple.exe file.
    No unzipping, blah, blah, blah.
    Make sure your BB is connected by USB and run the calfix.exe file.
    Poof/Done.

http://www.blackberry.com/hotfix/2009fall/calfix.exe

escobaster no está en línea Stack level 1
    It worked! Man how could I ever repaid you? you are the best

Glad you got it sorted out.

Anos72 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks, finally got it to work..i was going crazy

cms5241 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a bb storm, that has never worked with mass storage. I returned the first one when niether verizon or RIM could resolve anything. Then the 2nd one had the same problem so I thought I had to live with it. I ran this.
    blackberry.com/hotfix/2009/calix.exe
    Now my pc recognizes the BB as 2 seperate drives, but both drives are asking me to insert a disk. Any suggestions? I hate media mgr, I want to drag and click like I could with my 8320.

thanks

ricolarr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi everyone, just purchased my BB bold 9700, and im having the same issue. I can't get the mass storage mode to work, tried turning on the settings, from prompt to on but it still doesn't work. I've ran the calix.exe and it restarts my phone successfully, however I still do not get the mass storage prompts when my BB is connected to the computer. Help please?

Tamakun no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks a lot. Came here from other forums. Redirected to Safiy batch file post.
    It worked for me on an 8900.
    After boot I got 4 error messages related to documents to go and an exception error.

cvsantiago no está en línea Stack level 1

Worked like a charm !

New to Pinstack and I joined for the very same reason. This worked exactly as promised. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by instant000 View Post
    Thank you so much!

This simple batch and executable fixes two problems:

(1) Device not shows up under "My Computer" in Windows
    (2) AT&T Communicator NOT Working.

How I was introduced to the problem:
    (1) Ordered a "refurbished" Bold 9000 for someone.
    (2) Email worked, web worked, phone worked, but the AT&T communicator would not work
    (3) Technician had me play around with add/remove stuff in Device Manager, reboot, etc.
    (4) Needless to say, after two and a half hours of troubleshooting, there was no fix found.
    (5) Later, someone else called, and said they had the same problem. Furthermore, he mentioned that he was used to the device showing up under "My Computer" which he said he had, prior to being sent his "replacement" phone when his first one broke. I took note of this, but didn't think it was a big deal.
    (6) Not realizing the link between the "refurbished" phones, I asked AT&T if there
    was an outage in the area, they said YES, so I hoped the problem would go away the next day, and informed the two guys about the outage.
    (7)The next day, the first guy still can't connect, so I call AT&T again, and this is when a technician confesses that there is an issue with refurbished Bolds.
    (8) Furthermore, he says that there might be a fix, but it was being discussed internally, and they weren't giving it to customers yet without testing.
    (9) So, he set us up with the old Blackberry Desktop Manager and DUN.
    (10) This worked, but I fear giving my end users Desktop Manager, because 5/5 who have used it before end up bricking the device, and I have to set it up for them again.
    (11) While this entire troubleshooting process has been going on, I have been googling. I then begin to google about the "device missing in My Computer" AS WELL AS the "communication manager not working". My searches led me to some
    other forum, don't know which, but I eventually got to this forum.
    (12) I downloaded the fix, emailed it to the second guy, and it worked instantly!
    (13) I was elated! ... yet disappointed in support ... at least the technician was honest with me ... I guess they can't just give out a fix without testing it, as then if people brick their phones, they'll be yelling for a replacement, since they had tried the "AT&T recommended fix." I understand his bind.

Other pertinent notes:

(1) I spoke to AT&T at length about this issue over the course of two days (before I found this fix).
    (2) The problem seems to be most apparent on REFURBISHED phones.
    (3) The workaround from AT&T is to install Blackberry Desktop Manager and then configure Dial-Up Networking (though this still doesn't fix your Dial-Up Networking issue)
    (4) The AT&T technician even confided in me that they had a probable fix for the issue, but it was being discussed internally, and they couldn't stand behind it.
    (5) The AT&T technician also said that they have internal testers, who work on this
    issue (AT&T Communication Manager) all day long.
    (6) I wonder if these testers know how to use google? [obviously they do, 'cause they are more than likely testing this same fix internally.]

Notes about the batch file
    (1) People report they have the problem with "looping".
    (2) I think that this is "by design."
    (3) Imagine an assembly line, dedicated to refurbishing phones, and one of the stations is the station where you reset the mass storage and other information in the phone. You just want to plug up a phone, hit a key to reboot it, and then pass it down the line.
    (4) This script does that for you: plug up a phone, hit any key, let it reboot, then detach it, pass it down to the next station. Wash, rinse, repeat.

If you want to disable the loop:
    (1) Right-click the batch file, and choose "edit"
    (2) If you get a warning, choose to open the file anyway [i think it asks if you want to run it, which is kinda strange, since you're editing it, but you should get the point]
    (3) Remark the line that says "GOTO START"
    (4) Don't remark the line that says "pause" unless you don't want your users to see what happened.
    (5) Close and save the file
    (6) Now, create a new folder and zip file containing the fix, and store it in your documentation, for the next Blackberry user who has the same issue.

One ALMOST final note:
    I attached a newbie friendly version of the zip file.
    Features:
    (1) of (2) .zip format ...
    not everyone knows how to open .rar files. [Not supported in Windows by default, and not every Blackberry user understands how to download and install a .rar opener.]
    (2) of (2) No looping ...
    My version of the batch comments out the "goto start". Not everyone knows how to look at the batch file, and figure out why it is looping, and cancel it out.

One final note:
    Please post the .zip on the front page of this thread, if possible. I tried to have enough keywords in this post for Google to catch it, but just in case, please make a copy of this zip on one of the front page posts.

Thanks to forums.pinstack.com for this FIX!!! YAY!!!!

P.S.: I joined this forum today, because of this fix!!!!!!!!

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Or in 2 clicks you can fix it with:
    This is the latest fix from BlackBerry.com
    It's a very simple.exe file.
    No unzipping, blah, blah, blah.
    Make sure your BB is connected by USB and run the calfix.exe file.
    Poof/Done.

http://www.blackberry.com/hotfix/2009fall/calfix.exe

You sure had a long post for something that's faster, easier and the latest fix direct from BlackBerry!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

lewismi no está en línea Stack level 1
    I get a Ram Image Error and this file does not work for me.

lewismi no está en línea Stack level 1
    When I use the Calfix I do not get the Ram Image Error, however, it does not fix my BB drive error issue.