Page 33 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Originally Posted by Safiy tested on 8xxx, might work on 9xxx. enjoy I just confirmed ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

sbokov no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    tested on 8xxx, might work on 9xxx. enjoy

I just confirmed this does work with 9530. I believe this will fix all bb with this issue
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~9530
    Holy crap THANK YOU! Finally. Spent a day and a half sifting through 'useful' advice to enable my mass storage and check my USB connection. Just fixed my 8830. Thank you!

SlySamFox no está en línea Stack level 1

Bam .. all better now

Same symptoms on Bold 9000, same AT&T oddessy, same fix, same Happy Dance now that it is working again.

One note: The batch file asks for your device password if you have one set ... small amount of panic because it was asking for it at the BOOTROM level but I entered it and it accepted and I am typing this via AT&T communication manager ...

until I switch to Verizon :-)

ForensicBB no está en línea Stack level 1
    Still not working for me. I've got a Storm 9550 and installed os 5.0, then downgraded to 4.7.65 because I couldn't get 4.6 on it from DM. Try to run the batch rile(not the hahanew file)...only got "connecting to bootrom", I disabled Mass Storage, retried and still got the same message.

Just isn't going to work. I guess I'll wait until there's a patch for os 5.0.

redelite no está en línea Stack level 1

Mass Storage Mode - ENABLED - finally thanks Safiy!

Safiy rocks. That fix worked. Classic RIM to force users to search for sooo loooong to find the fix/patch to something like this. Running a batch job like that was scary, but thanks to Pinstack and Safiy, I now have mass storage mode working on my Bold. As a note to others: you might want to Backup before trying...

Excellent, thanks guys.

einsteindog no está en línea Stack level 1

Helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Rig415 View Post
    Once you Down load the .RAR file.. you need to unzip it.. Then remove the file from the .rar Then connect your phone to the computer.. In the file that was un .rar'd.. Click on the File Hahanew.. A DOS window opens and closes very fast.. if you blink you will miss it.. Then click the File BB Storage Activation New.. Hear a Dos window opens and stays open.. Click any button and the the Computer do its thing... The phone will reboot.. Do not press any other keys.. It will just rerun the program.. this is not nessary if your phone has already started to reboot.. the reboot lets you know that this program has run successfully... When your phone has rebooted completely disconnect your phone safetly.. Your mass Storage problems should be fixed.. This has worked on my 9530 Storm.. hope these Directions are helpful

Quoting this because ultimately this has the step some people are missing ;-) Thanks

shameerali007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    It happens after using "RIM's tool" to unlock your BB, unless you have the new one.
    Great fix, Safiy..!! Thank you so much..!!

tcseacliff no está en línea Stack level 1

mass storage

Hi folks,
    new to this site. very neewb. down loaded that storage activation file to fix my BOLD sync issues. big problem with that file on my pc is(this where computers make you feel stupid) after the down load the computer asks you what you want to do , save or run. so save it then go to open it , immediately two prompts close then come back again, what do want to do with this file , around and around and around..? so now i have this file sitting in my computer but can't open it ,keeps asking same thing over and over??any help. I hate not knowing how to do this stuff!!

tcseacliff no está en línea Stack level 1
    found it! finally found the correct place on my computer to unzip it, and then the rest went ok, thanks hope it works.

timmds no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is there a step4step guide for this procedure I have bold 9000 with the same problem,and very new at thismthe last thing I want is a 9100rand brick
    Please help
    ++++KARMA++++
    Thx

MD999 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Cheers for this fix! I have been waiting for almost a month and a half for something like this to come around.. now finally i will never have to remove my media card again! thank you thank you thank you

roosterboy no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Media Sync Problem

I found the hotfix or BB storage fix and downloaded the hahanew.exe file and did what it said.

However my computer didnt reboot or maybe i didnt do something correctly.

I downloaded the BB hotfix from BB site for my Storm 9530 and that didnt do it. I was worried about downloading and exe file from a forum I am new with all this but NOTHING WORKED!!!

Unless my computer is still planning on rebooting in the next Day??? LOL

Can anyone help?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I believe it is your DEVICE that is supposed to reboot. Not your computer.

Yes I am an idiot and it did reboot and was VERY excited to see if it worked. Well lets say I am getting closer but still not there it allows my computer to see phone and songs I want to sync. It allowed album art to import or sync and it worked because it allowed me to import 3 songs of 881 I am trying to load. THEN ERROR in media card lost connection, the computer had ERROR MSG Delay Write Failed something timed out or didn’t work. And when I plug the flipping phone in Windows keeps trying to AUTOPLAY or opens my phone with AUTOPLAY.
    So I have wasted many many days with this stupid Storm and its about to go through the Stores Front Window this is flipping sickening.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Check your Media Card settings.....Options>Media Card.

Media Card Support should be ON
    Encryption Mode should be NONE
    Mass Storage Mode Support should be ON
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected.....I have this set to PROMPT, so I can decide how I want to handle things myself when I connect the device to the computer.....yours is probably set to YES.

OK I have all those options set now but Encryption Mode I do not have I have Compression: Enable or Disable
    Here is a really stupid question for you are you up on ITunes? I am not and I am under the impression I can copy my entire Music Library to phone. However it is in LIBRARY not in Playlist could this be my flipping problem?
    I see the 881 songs in my list to chose from but not listed as Playlist it is just called MUSIC under playlist heading?? Sorry I am an idiot and not techy but surely struggling.