Page 27 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thanks, it works, this is the first time I've found any real help with this ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

larry7842 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Thanks, it works, this is the first time I've found any real help with this issue. I usually get the standard "try a battery pull" response. My trouble now is that I have to run this fix every time I connect. Is there any way to make it stay fixed?

verytalonted no está en línea Stack level 1
    Worked on both me and my wife's BB Storm 9530s

Thanks a bunch!

peperfromvitrolles no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello all !
    Sorry to ask for your help again but it's makin me crazy to see that it works for everybody except me...
    when I launch the *.bat there is a message :
    "Connecting to bootrom" and this message don't leave my DOS window... an idea for me?
    I will change soon my BB for a new one...it will be great to save all my data

Thank you

Info :
    - BB Storm 9500
    - os pc : windows xp

tumtum411 no está en línea Stack level 1
    omg god this thing fixed all my issued i love u lollll

paulyman no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks

Thank you so much!

majikchyld no está en línea Stack level 1
    omg ! big thanks Safiy !!! worked on a locked refurb AT&T Bold! no more roxio nonsense ! wootwoot

mlucio no está en línea Stack level 2

It's AWESOME - Almost!

Get this CRAP: first off, THANKS A MILLION Saify for this file. It works for practically EVERYBODY on here, save a few, like me. I'm one of the guys that gets that stupid "BOOTROM: _" crap in the DOS box and nothing happens. Here's what I do to FIX THIS, at least temporarily:

1. in the BB, disable MASS STUPID
    2. plug her in
    3. run Saify's batch file (BTW, don't run the hahanew file, just the other one which includes hahanew in its batch)
    4. let the BB reboot
    5. THEN, and only then, re-enable MASS STUPID
    Now, for most of you guys, this has worked GREAT. BUT, if it still craps out, do this:
    1. go to the wdm, REMOVE the blackberry device AND it's corresponding USB MASS STUPID DEVICE from the hardware list
    2. unplug the BB
    3. plug her back in
    4. WHAM it works GREAT...until you unplug it and plug it back in. Then you gotta repeat these steps.
    I swear, I knew I'd REGRET turning my ole' Motorola Q in for this freakin' BB. That Moto would plug in and sych up on an old TRS-80 (ok, maybe not THAT compatible), but this BB has had more bugs crawlin in it than a roadkill possum on an Arizona highway at noon in the middle of July! It's a darned shame that practically every gadget you get these days is so full of quirks. I swear if I had the owner of BB and a rubber hose I'd.......

bafio63 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks!

hey Safiy
    great fix!
    It worked for me - BB newbie.
    My ICT admin provided me this 8300 device last week (I think refurbished) but did not know where to start to fix this issue.
    thanks
    F

FM1
    FM1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi guys. I have downloaded the batch file and tried to run it but it doesnt work for me. I have a Storm 9500 and running Vista 32. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    When trying to run the program are you doing so as system admin?

FM1
    FM1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    When trying to run the program are you doing so as system admin?
    Yep. This is my personal computer and Im the admin on it.

I get the following message in DOS when running the batch file - 'hahanew' is not recognised as an internal and or external command, operble program or batch file.

sherlocko no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks! My wife just had her Storm replaced and I plugged it into my MacBook Pro and it didn't mount, while my Storm worked fine. Ran the batch file on her PC and voila it works and it mounts on my Mac! Thank you!

Are these phones missing some files that allow the MSM to work? Her Storm would allow me to transfer using the Media tools from Roxio with no problem. Glad you posted this Safiy!

For Mac users - you can download the file and double click on it and the file should create a folder with the files form the RAR archive in a new folder. Copy those to a PC running the Desktop Manager and RIM drivers (as posted perviously). Connect the device and read the info file. It will tell you to run a file and that's it. When you connect it to the Mac it will mount like any other external storage unit.
    Last edited by sherlocko; 09-19-2009 at 11:20 PM.

AdRo12262 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have the curve 8300 and it doesnt seem to work. i get it saying 'hahanew' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Rig415 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Once you Down load the .RAR file.. you need to unzip it.. Then remove the file from the .rar Then connect your phone to the computer.. In the file that was un .rar'd.. Click on the File Hahanew.. A DOS window opens and closes very fast.. if you blink you will miss it.. Then click the File BB Storage Activation New.. Hear a Dos window opens and stays open.. Click any button and the the Computer do its thing... The phone will reboot.. Do not press any other keys.. It will just rerun the program.. this is not nessary if your phone has already started to reboot.. the reboot lets you know that this program has run successfully... When your phone has rebooted completely disconnect your phone safetly.. Your mass Storage problems should be fixed.. This has worked on my 9530 Storm.. hope these Directions are helpful

peebs80 no está en línea Stack level 1

CPU still not seeing micro sd card in my BOLD

Quote Originally Posted by tessitori View Post
    for some reason I cannot get it to work! I see the window with the command prompt I click on the file, I see it do its thing for about 1 second then nothing! I have connected the phone to the PC via 3 different USB ports! What else could I try?
    Also, when I connect the bold to the computer the phone is not recognized; it says a new device has been found but then when I look at my computer there is no phone there!

I have not got to the end of the thread yet, but I am having the same problem! When I connect my bold via usb to the computer, my computer (running XP) only recognizes the device memory on my BOLD and not the 4 GB micro SD card. I have run the hahanew.exe file and then the BAT file, let the device reboot and still nothing... only G: comes up after the reboot for the device memory. This sure is frustrating.

Here is my software config for my bold:

v4.6.0.297 (Platform 4.0.0.243)

I am running v5.0 of Desktop Manager

Any suggestions on how I can get my computer to finally recognize the micro sd card?

Thanks in advance.