Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Originally Posted by chopperhead yes I did this but thing is DM says 'no additional ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by chopperhead View Post
    yes I did this but thing is DM says 'no additional application designed for the device is detected'
    although DM recognize my 8320 PIN. how come? thanks
    that file is supposed to run from your computer i believe... not from your device...
    i see RED...

lannie1977 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by terryus View Post
    You will get that if you don't have your device connected at the time you run the file. So connect your device prior to running the program, good luck!
    Its connected but I still get the same thing.
    Any other ideas. It is very strange.it keeps saying connecting to bootrom. But when I uninstall desktop manager the program runs but stays it can't connect to device manager. Help me please
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by lannie1977; 05-13-2009 at 07:30 PM.

johndeleon no está en línea Stack level 1
    That worked for me. Thanks so much.

jwbungle no está en línea Stack level 1
    What about the same issue for macs????

lannie1977 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Working fine now. Wow what a difference. Thanks all

articmonkey no está en línea Stack level 1
    awesome, thanks tried this on my storm 9500, which has been doing my head in for ages and it worked in seconds you are the man thanks again

turnblue no está en línea Stack level 1
    found this link through a crackberry thread, from a google search

thanks so much, fixed my bold

MRSONPOINT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21735FA7
    I DONT KNOW WATS GOING ON, BCUZ I CANNOT OPEN THIS FILE ON MY COMPUTER. 2 DAYS AGO, MY COMPUTER STOP RECOGNIZING WHEN I PLUG MY BB 9000 UP WITH THE USB CORD. THE ONLY THING THAT RECOGNIZES IT, IS THE BB DESKTOP MANAGER. DOES ANY1 HAVE ANY IDEA AS 2 WATS GOING ON? I TRIED DOWNLOADING THE FILE ABOVE, & WHEN I DO, IT EITHER COMES BACK 2 THE WEBPAGE OR SAYS MY COMPUTER CANNOT OPEN THE RAR DOCUMENT.

instant000 no está en línea Stack level 2

Post Thanks for the fix for Mass Storage AND AT&T Communicator

Thank you so much!

This simple batch and executable fixes two problems:

(1) Device not shows up under "My Computer" in Windows
    (2) AT&T Communicator NOT Working.

How I was introduced to the problem:
    (1) Ordered a "refurbished" Bold 9000 for someone.
    (2) Email worked, web worked, phone worked, but the AT&T communicator would not work
    (3) Technician had me play around with add/remove stuff in Device Manager, reboot, etc.
    (4) Needless to say, after two and a half hours of troubleshooting, there was no fix found.
    (5) Later, someone else called, and said they had the same problem. Furthermore, he mentioned that he was used to the device showing up under "My Computer" which he said he had, prior to being sent his "replacement" phone when his first one broke. I took note of this, but didn't think it was a big deal.
    (6) Not realizing the link between the "refurbished" phones, I asked AT&T if there
    was an outage in the area, they said YES, so I hoped the problem would go away the next day, and informed the two guys about the outage.
    (7)The next day, the first guy still can't connect, so I call AT&T again, and this is when a technician confesses that there is an issue with refurbished Bolds.
    (8) Furthermore, he says that there might be a fix, but it was being discussed internally, and they weren't giving it to customers yet without testing.
    (9) So, he set us up with the old Blackberry Desktop Manager and DUN.
    (10) This worked, but I fear giving my end users Desktop Manager, because 5/5 who have used it before end up bricking the device, and I have to set it up for them again.
    (11) While this entire troubleshooting process has been going on, I have been googling. I then begin to google about the "device missing in My Computer" AS WELL AS the "communication manager not working". My searches led me to some
    other forum, don't know which, but I eventually got to this forum.
    (12) I downloaded the fix, emailed it to the second guy, and it worked instantly!
    (13) I was elated! ... yet disappointed in support ... at least the technician was honest with me ... I guess they can't just give out a fix without testing it, as then if people brick their phones, they'll be yelling for a replacement, since they had tried the "AT&T recommended fix." I understand his bind.

Other pertinent notes:

(1) I spoke to AT&T at length about this issue over the course of two days (before I found this fix).
    (2) The problem seems to be most apparent on REFURBISHED phones.
    (3) The workaround from AT&T is to install Blackberry Desktop Manager and then configure Dial-Up Networking (though this still doesn't fix your Dial-Up Networking issue)
    (4) The AT&T technician even confided in me that they had a probable fix for the issue, but it was being discussed internally, and they couldn't stand behind it.
    (5) The AT&T technician also said that they have internal testers, who work on this
    issue (AT&T Communication Manager) all day long.
    (6) I wonder if these testers know how to use google? [obviously they do, 'cause they are more than likely testing this same fix internally.]

Notes about the batch file
    (1) People report they have the problem with "looping".
    (2) I think that this is "by design."
    (3) Imagine an assembly line, dedicated to refurbishing phones, and one of the stations is the station where you reset the mass storage and other information in the phone. You just want to plug up a phone, hit a key to reboot it, and then pass it down the line.
    (4) This script does that for you: plug up a phone, hit any key, let it reboot, then detach it, pass it down to the next station. Wash, rinse, repeat.

If you want to disable the loop:
    (1) Right-click the batch file, and choose "edit"
    (2) If you get a warning, choose to open the file anyway [i think it asks if you want to run it, which is kinda strange, since you're editing it, but you should get the point]
    (3) Remark the line that says "GOTO START"
    (4) Don't remark the line that says "pause" unless you don't want your users to see what happened.
    (5) Close and save the file
    (6) Now, create a new folder and zip file containing the fix, and store it in your documentation, for the next Blackberry user who has the same issue.

One ALMOST final note:
    I attached a newbie friendly version of the zip file.
    Features:
    (1) of (2) .zip format ...
    not everyone knows how to open .rar files. [Not supported in Windows by default, and not every Blackberry user understands how to download and install a .rar opener.]
    (2) of (2) No looping ...
    My version of the batch comments out the "goto start". Not everyone knows how to look at the batch file, and figure out why it is looping, and cancel it out.

One final note:
    Please post the .zip on the front page of this thread, if possible. I tried to have enough keywords in this post for Google to catch it, but just in case, please make a copy of this zip on one of the front page posts.

Thanks to forums.pinstack.com for this FIX!!! YAY!!!!

P.S.: I joined this forum today, because of this fix!!!!!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by instant000; 05-15-2009 at 08:39 AM.

sportking1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    works on bold too. thanks. this saved me a couple hours of bitching at AT&T

jfpannone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Thumbs up

AT&T Bold Refurb, upgraded to 4.6.0.266 from .167 and mass storage mode wouldn't work.

Works perfect now. This is why I love Pinstack.com.

Gracias Amigos!

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Imagin that instant000.....

instant000 no está en línea Stack level 2

Post Just another note

I was discussing this issue with someone else on the AT&T forums (where my userid is "technotes")

Anyway, I was thinking that perhaps the problem is that this fix was designed to be used at a "recommissioning" station, as part of the refurbishment process.

You know, you do the following:
    (1) electrical test, replace components
    (2) reset software
    (3) electrical test, if faulty, go back to step 1
    (4) clean and ship

Now, if that reset software step is using an "older resetting software" designed for less sophisticated devices, then the features of "modem" and "mass storage" might not be present within the fix, so the device might get reset to be missing some features?!

Could that be possible?

I mean, most everything else works ... so it has to be considered as a possibility, right?

Is there ever an official word from AT&T and/or RIM about this issue?

nimr1975 no está en línea Stack level 1

Success!!!

Venezuelan DIGITEL GSM's BB9000 unlocked with MFI
    USB Fix worked OK

RichardMUK no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks, worked perfectly with my Vodafone UK Bold!