Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!! After hours of combing the net for a solution I found ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

harbinger125 no está en línea Stack level 1

Wooot!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!
    After hours of combing the net for a solution I found you. Saved me a trip down warranty lane. XOXO!

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Pinstack must be pleased with so many new users.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

AC30TB no está en línea Stack level 1
    Glad to have a fix. The fact that I spent an entire day with AT&T and RIM tech support telling me it was each other's fault is a joke! How can something so basic as tethering/mass storage functionality be crippled without either company knowing about it? Stuff like this makes me wary of relying on AT&T for business critical communications.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    Pinstack must be pleased with so many new users.
    I was thinking the same thing

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Quote Originally Posted by bunfire View Post
    how do i go about wipeing it?

nvm found it.

wiped it, still nothing.

It just won't connect to computer, I'll probably have to buy a new usb because the computer don't recognize at all, I charges the device though don't know why it won't connect.
    make sure battery has a good charge (use wall charger) then try again. Nothing? Try a different USB port, cable and/or pc. Any number of issues could prevent the bb from connecting (corrupt drivers, bad usb cable, bad USB port on pc, etc). Also try wiggling/ holding the USB at different angles too, hopefully it's not but it could be the port on your phone is bad.

Rothing no está en línea Stack level 1
    thx so much XD

chiefvelo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Took me for ever to find this but it worked like a charm on a storm 9530 with .122. Thanks

blooming no está en línea Stack level 1
    is the fix just for PC's? i cant get it to work with my mac!!

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    for some reason I cannot get it to work! I see the window with the command prompt I click on the file, I see it do its thing for about 1 second then nothing! I have connected the phone to the PC via 3 different USB ports! What else could I try?
    Also, when I connect the bold to the computer the phone is not recognized; it says a new device has been found but then when I look at my computer there is no phone there!
    Last edited by tessitori; 04-09-2009 at 02:06 PM.

thekingpea no está en línea Stack level 1

thank you!!!!

Wow...I spent two full days dealing with AT&T and Rim trying to figure out what the heck was going on. I just bought my Bold 9000 and hadn't done anything to unlock it etc., though I did buy it refurbished.

For those who have had trouble getting this to work, here's what i did:

For me, it took a few times to get this to work right. With the files in the zip-genius folder they would not work, just popped up DOS screens for 1 second that did nothing. After i pulled those files on to my desktop (or anywhere else, i suppose, was in desperation mode at this point) I did hahanew and bb storage activation, it pulled up a DOS window into which I was prompted for my BB password, after entered, it uploaded the RAM image and said it was done (i made the mistake of doing this a few times as i couldn't believe it was only that 2 second process), but after that my BB shut down, and upon restart there it is - both my media card and main drive show up as seperate removable storage devices.

Thank you so much for this, Rim is clueless about this problem, as is AT&T, its so bizarre that this hasn't been addressed elsewhere.

You're a miracle worker, if you ever need some strategic comms consulting I'm happy to provide some free of charge.

Yous should always unzip the files and then run them.
    Most zipped files are not meant to be run from inside the program that unzips them.
    Especially if there's more than 1 file!

Springtime no está en línea Stack level 1

This caused my 8100 - to get a JVM Error

Hi Safiy

I had the problem that everyone else did on both my 8100 and 9500. I used your fix on the 9500 and it worked perfectly!!

THen used it on my 8100 and it now permanently says "JVM Error 547" Flash Write Failed.

It goes not further and allows lots of debugging info or a reset. Any idea what to do now?

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    try to wipe with jl cmdr and reinstall

cabu8803 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quick question

First of all, thanks for the fix. After running the bat and the BB reboots, all is fine.

However I still have an issue

If I disconnect the BB, and connect it again, the drive letter appears on windows explorer, but I can not navugate into the card.

I have to run the fix everytime I want windows to recognize the card in my BB 8100.

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

Thanks

If you have Vista, run it as administrator. If that doesn't work, use my fix posted earlier in this thread.

Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast