Just last week I received a new 8310 through my company. Yesterday a company adminstrator ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

walkert no está en línea Stack level 1

locked out of device asking to enter blackberry

Advertisement

Just last week I received a new 8310 through my company. Yesterday a company adminstrator set it up so that I had to enter a password each time I wanted to use the device. I've used this password since then multiple times with success.

But today I tried entering the password and it won't accept it. I'm ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE I have the password correct. After three attempts it asked me to type "blackberry" to continue. I did that and then it asked me for my password. I typed my password (I know if was correct b/c it showed me what I was typing as I entered it). The phone denied my password and now if I enter it wrong one more time I will be locked out of the device and all data will be lost. Any advice you can give? Thanks!

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Double check the password with your administrator.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    You password should be able to "set password and lock handheld" from the BES server.

BttryBscts no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had this same problem last night...I called AT&T about it and they said there was nothing they could do...they told me to enter my password 10 times so the device would reset. I was 100% sure I was putting in the right pw but it said invalid everytime. EVERYTHING WAS ERASED! Now the phone is showing an error and won't reset...you gotta love customer service reps. Luckily I have a back up...hopefully they're able to fix my phone...

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by walkert View Post
    Just last week I received a new 8310 through my company. Yesterday a company adminstrator set it up so that I had to enter a password each time I wanted to use the device. I've used this password since then multiple times with success.

But today I tried entering the password and it won't accept it. I'm ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE I have the password correct. After three attempts it asked me to type "blackberry" to continue. I did that and then it asked me for my password. I typed my password (I know if was correct b/c it showed me what I was typing as I entered it). The phone denied my password and now if I enter it wrong one more time I will be locked out of the device and all data will be lost. Any advice you can give? Thanks!
    You are in a better position than most since you are on a BES and someone can confirm that the password is correct for you before it gets wiped. As was already mentioned, go talk with your IT guy and have him check (unless he says he already has everything backed up) your password to make sure nothing has changed on it.

Zo

deirdremaria no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had this exact thing happen and it just came on all of a sudden after many times locking and unlocking my device with the same password. Here's what worked for me: enter blackberry as it requests. when it asks for your password, enter your password as you know it, even if strange type, letters instead of numbers, or numbers instead of letters appear on the screen. do NOT depress the shift, alt or any other key-- only the keys you would press to enter your password. it worked for me.... finally, after 3 full wipes of my device! argh.

rick_amin no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by deirdremaria View Post
    I had this exact thing happen and it just came on all of a sudden after many times locking and unlocking my device with the same password. Here's what worked for me: enter blackberry as it requests. when it asks for your password, enter your password as you know it, even if strange type, letters instead of numbers, or numbers instead of letters appear on the screen. do NOT depress the shift, alt or any other key-- only the keys you would press to enter your password. it worked for me.... finally, after 3 full wipes of my device! argh.

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, U rock...

Moallen no está en línea Stack level 1
    This has happen to me a few times and I looked and had cap lock on. I took it off cap lock and it worked.
    Allen

Chris2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    This worked for me. Followed deirdremaria's instructions and worked perfectly, Thanks for posting this.

Chris

sharky7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had a very similar problem cause I had an IT policy on my phone and got rid of it, now sometimes when I use the phone I get random letter when I push the send or blackberry key

remekster no está en línea Stack level 1
    Originally Posted by

thankkkssss soo much , i was on my last chance aswell , the internet needs more helpful people like u , cheers geeza

helowrench no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I had a similar issue going on
    after attempt 5 or so, it asked me to type blackberry.

Then it started showing me what I was typing and I could see that the "d" "y" and the "i" keys were not inputting correctly.
    no matter which one I was pressing, it would enter "yi"

I popped the case off, to ensure that there was no foriegn matter between the keyboard and the actual contacts, and when I rebooted afterwards it worked fine.

In my case it was probably just needing a reboot.
    rob

rickky no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

A million thanks to you !!!!!!

anku no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks a ton bro i m having an real estate business owner for whom the contacts are like god really thank you for your advise atleast this time did not lost my contacts :-)