Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

So i wiped my phone clean with Jl Cmder. Now at the app loader screen ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

bicho911 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24ada765

Advertisement

So i wiped my phone clean with Jl Cmder.
    Now at the app loader screen i get 2 options : .133 or .114
    when i click on .133 it tells me: "No updates available"
    when i click on .114 it gives me a list of updates. core, email, phone,...

Should i install .114 then update that?

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Delete the vendor XML file.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

PIN/ID
    24ada765
    Quote Originally Posted by bajanbastard View Post
    Delete the vendor XML file.
    I did! it was here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

SO i ended up reinstalling .114 and now I'm trying to update and it's not prompting me...

PIN/ID
    24ada765
    Quote Originally Posted by bicho911 View Post
    I did! it was here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

SO i ended up reinstalling .114 and now I'm trying to update and it's not prompting me...
    Switching to DM 4.6 solved the problem!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    Quote Originally Posted by furtive View Post
    I ended up doing that and it works - but I'm curious to why DM didn't work.
    It seems to be a bug connected with Vista. I had same problem on my Vista setup but not on XP.

penk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lovin2act View Post
    Is there any reason to not stick with the .114 OS?
    sorry to reply so late, but if you've already taken the plunge and done the upgrade, maybe someone else can use this.

i have been an "early adopter" of OS upgrades since the first 4.3 version leaked. i would grab any new upgrade i could, even betas, but i still have not upgraded my 8900 from .114 to .133, even though it is an official release. i haven't had any issues and the device is performing so wonderfully that i haven't seen anything mentioned in .133 or later that i feel i "must have".

only two reasons to upgrade any system are:
    1. malfunction/failure of current
    2. significant functionality/features added by new
    since the 8900 is still very new, i don't expect to see any big jumps in functionality or huge new features added.

the current browser does seem to have a rendering issue, as i often see some newspaper sites (and even google) overlap parts of a page at the top/header area. this may be related to the text wrap issue everyone is discussing, and the OS which corrects this will be on my 8900 once the download is finished.

beta OS releases can be good, but can have issues, but so can official releases. the tricky bit about beta OS downloads is the links aren't so welcome on many message boards, so they come and go quickly. you may want to snag the file, and sit on it for a few days to read what other users post about their results before upgrading your device.

just keep watching the boards, see if your device behaves similar to others who cite issues, bugs or glitches. if you see a particular OS claimed to correct the issue - go for it.

as for upgrading: it isn't difficult, but can be tricky if you get tripped up on the unexpected. just read the upgrade threads and follow step by step instructions closely. you're unlikely to find a new problem during the upgrade, so the answer is here somewhere.

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just upgraded from .114 to .133 and notice that the camera works better, battery life is improved and I CAN PLAY YOUTUBE videos now

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by bicho911 View Post
    Switching to DM 4.6 solved the problem!
    Thats because 4.7 has this thing where it checks the status of upgrades online.
    The other thing you can do is still use 4.7 but just disconnect from the internet when youre about to do an OS upgrade.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Hey Lava you exotic thing :

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B8kZCt8pHJgw**

Software For BlackBerry® Curve (TM) 8900 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.1.241 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.6.1.241
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.6.1.152
    Software Platform: 4.2.0.91
    File name: 8900M_PBr4.6.1_rel241_PL4.2.0.91_A4.6.1.152_Mobily .exe
    File size: 123.06MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

OP Updated ~ thanks ranx

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    So I went from 114 -152 I'm starting to think that I may not have the best OS so far. What is the best version OS should I use?
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    So far .152 has been best for me in terms of battery life, but I am experiencing a memory leak for sure, but other then that, its good. What type of problems are you experiencing?
    ~via BB8900~

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    So far .152 has been best for me in terms of battery life, but I am experiencing a memory leak for sure, but other then that, its good. What type of problems are you experiencing?
    ~via BB8900~
    Have you been able to ascertain where your memory leak is originating? Is it the OS or is there a hole in one of your apps?
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Its hard for me to tell - I believe its my apps because as I load them, files free drops and I didn't have that problem before on .94 so could be either I guess. Is there another way to determine how?
    ~via BB8900~

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    Its hard for me to tell - I believe its my apps because as I load them, files free drops and I didn't have that problem before on .94 so could be either I guess. Is there another way to determine how?
    ~via BB8900~
    Not really, other than hit and miss. I usually start with a clean install and then start adding apps, activate them, check the memory, deactivate them and check the memory. If all is fine I move on to the next one.

It isn't a science, but it gives you an idea of what is using what in the way of memory.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast