Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by marcrott my 8900 has OS 4.6.1.114(185). is this tha most currect OS? ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by marcrott View Post
    my 8900 has OS 4.6.1.114(185). is this tha most currect OS?
    The most current is 4.6.1.133 my friend, and can be found in the first post of this thread.

On a side note, my battery life STILL stinks. Improved YES, but good, NO!!! I can barely go a 8 hour work day without it going down to 10% or so. I have quite a few apps installed, but close when not using them. Pretty sad, but I guess one of the many downfalls to getting the latest device earlyish. I hope something is done soon, or maybe I need to look into the stock sized seido extended battery..HMM

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Blog Entries
    Correct ~ 4.6.1.133 is the most current.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Blog Entries
    I posted in a different thread, http://forums.pinstack.com/f61/latest_official_os_curve_8900_july_28_a-99215/ and they said they moved it here. I don't mind that Ranx is before mine, but still, why they deleted it, not moved it, I don't understand.
    ~via smartphone~

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    Im having trouble updating .133 OS. I get all the way to "uploading RAM Image" and then it tries to connect to phone but it shuts the phone down instead and spins for a few moments before reporting "unknown error". Thoughts anyone?

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence View Post
    Im having trouble updating .133 OS. I get all the way to "uploading RAM Image" and then it tries to connect to phone but it shuts the phone down instead and spins for a few moments before reporting "unknown error". Thoughts anyone?
    What version of DM are you using, 4.7?
    -Tim

PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    yep. trying loader.exe too.. same thing. Just weird cause Ive updated tons of OS' and never got hung up at "uploading RAM Image". Phone simply doesnt reboot and then DM just times out and gives me the "unknown error" message.

Try uninstalling 4.7, and install 4.6.

4.7 is still too buggy.. Report back
    -Tim

oma-RR no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    askplz
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Try uninstalling 4.7, and install 4.6.

4.7 is still too buggy.. Report back
    same exact thing is happening to mine, and i just uninstalled 4.7 and installed 4.6...

i am farely new to this so if someone could help out i would appreciate it...

There have been many reports that 4.7 has problems loading OS's. Usually reverting back to 4.6 solves the problem.
    -Tim

PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    Installed 4.6 DM and still same problem. updating to from Tmo .114 to the official WIND .133 hangs up on "uploading RAM image" and then goes to "encountered unknown error".

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence View Post
    Installed 4.6 DM and still same problem. updating to from Tmo .114 to the official WIND .133 hangs up on "uploading RAM image" and then goes to "encountered unknown error".
    I would just wipe the device and do a fresh .133 install. You can always go back to .114 if you like.

PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    Got it figured out and this is a first! The problem is not with DM or Loader.exe. 8900 will not allow an OS upgrade using Windows through VMWare on a Mac Powerbook. I've had almost every BB in the past and never had the problem before the 8900. Wow! The good news is I have another PC with XP and it had no problems. Pass this one along. Seems I found a thread from another Mac user using VMWare for Windows too and he had the same problem!

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    If you are using a first release 8900 you may need to exchange it. There are known battery/standby issues with the first release devices. I had horrible battery life with my first 8900.
    How do I find out if I have a first release handset?

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhours View Post
    How do I find out if I have a first release handset?
    If you bought it at Rogers between December 17th and mid-January it may be a first release.

If you bought it in the US you should be good.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Hello, I just got my 8900 today with TMO. Is there any reason to not stick with the .114 OS? Am I missing out on any fixes for problems I dont yet know about on my phone? Sorry to come in here like a noob and ask this...I just have never done an OS upgrade before, but I wanna get it done before doing a device switch from my 8320 when I get home from work tonight if the upgrade to a higher OS is alot better that what I have currently! Thanks for any feedback guys!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast