Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 LastLast

Latest Official update now available OS 5.0.0.681 for the BlackBerry Curve 8900 from Hutchison... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

Latest Official update now available OS 5.0.0.681 for the BlackBerry Curve 8900 from Hutchison

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    592 seems to have a weird media player/a2dp issue. If you let one song go into the next its fine but if you hit the next button from the headset or the phone it seems to have no sound coming thru, the only way to fix this i have found is to hit play/pause a few times then the sound comes back. its an annoyance not a major issue, Im just wondering if anyone else had this issue and if they did is it fixed in 681?
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

joenuff no está en línea Stack level 1
    ShareThis
    i used jl cmder to wipe my phone after this became clearly necessary. i downloaded BB desktop and device software for my service provider. vendor.xml has been deleted. when i fire up DM and go to Application Loader I go to options and from connections drop down i select USB-PIN: 0. I am given 2 options: add/remove software, update software. In either case it tells me there is no software for my device. I'm at wit's end here. any help?

chipmoon no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Hey joenuff - Don't use BlackBerry Desktop Manager it won't work!

Hey joenuff, Here's what you need to do. I had the same problem with it saying that no software found crap. Just go to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader folder and delete the "Vendor.xml" file and then from the same folder launch the "Loader.exe" file. This time it will see the latest software for your Berry and load right on up! Hope this helps you man.Chip

Jtetch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Running .822 now and I'm have trouble with the sound. Every so often the text/call sounds just stop working and I have reboot my phone to get it working again. Anyone have this problem and know a permanent fix?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm about to upgrade my hubby's 8900, is there any consensus as to which of the latest OS's is the least buggy?

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I've been running .822 for over a month now and all seems stable to me. I haven't had any of the sound issues Jtech mentioned, but i have noticed the button on top that used to put my phone to sleep doesn't work, only the lock button does and it worked w/ the previous OS i had running. Upgrading is always the owners personal preference...

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Im running 681 and i gotta say its stable no small annoyances or major issues, so unless 822 has some new features or improvements im sticking with 681. And it seems to have fixed the issues i was having in previous versions with the gps not working and random reboots when listening to music via a2dp
    ----

PIN/ID
    Ask me

New Update

Apparently even tho there are rumors that tmo discontinued any future updates for the 8900 they surprised everyone and released 5.0.0.822

Please read through the information below before you authorize the download. Download For: T-Mobile BlackBerry® Curve 8900
    Download:Handheld Software (v5.0.0.822) Date Updated:9/2/2010 Size:158 MB Notes: To find out if you need this software:

• On the Home screen, click Options.
    • On the Options menu, click About
    • If the version is not 5.0.0.822, then please download and install the most recent Handheld software for your device.

NOTE: While updating the software on your Handheld, be sure to select the option to back up and restore data on your device, to preserve your information that’s already on the device.

Copyright License Agreement All software warranty for the Handheld software is provided by Research In Motion™. Please refer to the BlackBerry™ Handheld Software License Agreement for additional terms and conditions.

Head over to tmo site for it im uploading it to a site for those of you who arent with tmo but want the update ill post it as soon as its up
    Im downloading and installing now, enjoy all

oh BTW 5.0.0.822 has also been released for the 8520 too head over to tmo for it
    Last edited by RemyKirin; 09-24-2010 at 03:15 AM.
    ----

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LOXQU0O2
    here is the link as promised
    ----

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtetch View Post
    Running .822 now and I'm have trouble with the sound. Every so often the text/call sounds just stop working and I have reboot my phone to get it working again. Anyone have this problem and know a permanent fix?
    .822 has totally screwed up my hubby's 8900 - same issue. But for him the call sounds have just completely disappeared. Doesn't matter if we reboot, change profiles, etc. Did you install the Tmo version of .822, or the Hutchison version? His is the Hutchison version, though we have Tmo. I wonder if that would make a difference - or is an update an update, no matter the company?

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Hmmm I ve had a great expirience with 822 tmo evberything is running smoother and even some skins that were glitchy are working perfectly now, maybe there is a diff between vendor releases, try the tmo one after u do a wipe and See if that works, I have noticed that sometimes when loading the os it will occasionally load and have problems but ill reload the exact same os after a wipe and it will be fine.I think doing an occasional wipe helps clean out the BB, but that's just my humble opinion.
    ----

youvan7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    my blackberry 8900 with old version but here so many type....which one is good for me???

pls advice
    thank you,

youvan widodo

www.youvan.net
    www.youvan9.blogspot.com

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Latest OS is 5.0.0.1067 By AT&T here is the link to download it.
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...E4F82F9F00E7D4
    ----