Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324 LastLast

Try this Pinstack article: http://forums.pinstack.com/blogs/338...ml#comment1766... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Advertisement

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Jtetch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Not noticing any difference between .592 and the previous two or three versions. Or maybe I'm not tech savvy enough to notice the nuances

nef584 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24127B3
    I just downloaded .592 and noticed a considerable memory boost immediately after. Was running .509 before .592. Noticed browser speed is faster as well. No issues with it so far. I will keep monitoring it and if I have any issues I will post them as they appear.

renjayzee no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm presently using os 5.0.0509 and working with no issue, is there any issue reported at present with this os 5.0.0592 and if this is ised, hope it won't lock my phone to Wind Hellas?

renjayzee no está en línea Stack level 1
    I sent my post before reading nef584, most of my answer had already been answered. thanks

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    My DM is acting funny. when i did a wipe with jlcmder and i go to reinstall the Device OS 5.0.0.411 (after i deleted the vendor file) it tells me that 4.6.1.2... is the preferred os and i dont have the 5.0.0.411 os that i have installed. and when i got to recognize the os it just said that i was not allowed to install the os because i am not a blackberry subscriber. wtf?!? i have never gotten this message before and i had 5.0.0.411 on here before. Any advice would be much appreciated at this point. thanks in advance.

kparker8900 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I reverted back to OS 5.0.0.411 after switching to 5.0.0.592 last week. At first it was great, I really liked the new auto-lock feature, then it started getting crazy. For a few days I would be sleeping in because I thought I was switching my alarm off when I was half asleep and just didn't remember it. I then woke up one morning before my alarm went off and realized the weird issue. The alarm would only ring once and then my phone would reset itself, lucky for me I had already finished exams before I tried this new OS.

I also noticed a few apps that wouldn't work with it, such as Shazam and Quickpull. Even though I don't use shazam all too often I paid for the full version and wanted to use it. It also sucked how sudoku was gone seeing as thats the only game I play on my phone.

The alarm issue could have been from using willboy's v3.1 with .592, but I didn't want to test out just plain .592 as I was already missing sudoku and it was enough to revert me back. I will probably just be sticking with .411 until Rogers officially releases an OS or OS 5.1.x.x drops for the 8900.

dman91 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi just wondering if anyone could help me?
    I've recently bought an unblocked blackberry curve 8900. The phone was on t-mobile before being unlocked. The simcard i will put in the phone is on orange network.
    I've been told that when i try to do a system update the phone will restore to its original settings thus being locked to t-mobile.
    Is there any way of getting round this?
    thanks

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by dman91 View Post
    Hi just wondering if anyone could help me?
    I've recently bought an unblocked blackberry curve 8900. The phone was on t-mobile before being unlocked. The simcard i will put in the phone is on orange network.
    I've been told that when i try to do a system update the phone will restore to its original settings thus being locked to t-mobile.
    Is there any way of getting round this?
    thanks
    The device is unlocked, so unless you do a security wipe on it, the settings should stay the same.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by kparker8900 View Post
    I reverted back to OS 5.0.0.411 after switching to 5.0.0.592 last week. At first it was great, I really liked the new auto-lock feature, then it started getting crazy. For a few days I would be sleeping in because I thought I was switching my alarm off when I was half asleep and just didn't remember it. I then woke up one morning before my alarm went off and realized the weird issue. The alarm would only ring once and then my phone would reset itself, lucky for me I had already finished exams before I tried this new OS.

I also noticed a few apps that wouldn't work with it, such as Shazam and Quickpull. Even though I don't use shazam all too often I paid for the full version and wanted to use it. It also sucked how sudoku was gone seeing as thats the only game I play on my phone.

The alarm issue could have been from using willboy's v3.1 with .592, but I didn't want to test out just plain .592 as I was already missing sudoku and it was enough to revert me back. I will probably just be sticking with .411 until Rogers officially releases an OS or OS 5.1.x.x drops for the 8900.
    I put .592 on a friend's 8900 and she's been complaining about the same issues, so I'm gonna roll it back to .411 or .509 for her.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    5.0.0.561 is out in the open..

happy hunting.

Daytona no está en línea Stack level 2
    Links OMG!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by paulypaul View Post
    5.0.0.561 is out in the open..

happy hunting.
    The latest official release is .592. What carrier is that with? Are you talking abut a leaked beta version? If so, then you need to post that in this thread http://forums.pinstack.com/f225/offi...5/index49.html. But, there already is a leaked version of .681 that came out today in the link provided.

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    ignore my post. Typo..

I meant to type 5.0.0.681