Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO i dont have bb maps and i have bb messenger, something ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

starfall no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    i dont have bb maps and i have bb messenger, something else might be causing that

the ringtone problem hasnt been solved, the rings are loud even in low mode...

idk if i have to keep testing but i think battery life is becoming an issue too, but ill fully charge over night and see how long it last running beejive all day, and also checking viigo every 4 hours for about 15 min...

response time is quicker tho
    Thank you for the input on the ring volume. Ive tried .152, .174 and .199 but all had really loud ringer volume even on low. This seems to be why I keep going back to .114 :cry:
    Sent via Blackberry 8900

elacogdhs no está en línea Stack level 2
    Can you download the OS OTA?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

rand0m no está en línea Stack level 3
    nvm, i'm dumb.. forgot to delete vendor file and yea.. lol
    Last edited by rand0m; 04-10-2009 at 02:58 AM.

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3
    edit: fixed
    Last edited by jaymzb0nd; 04-10-2009 at 08:57 PM.

Daytona no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    Milz,

This is common and easily solved. BBM is in the device operating system you installed on your desktop.

Hook up to Desktop Manager and start Application Loader. Check the box for BBM and it will install it on your device. Then go to Back up/Restore, Advanced. Open your latest back up, and restore your BBM Contacts data base and you will be back in business.

Post back any further issues!
    I have 4.6.1.199 installed and I cleaned out DM 4.7 and installed 4.6 and have reinstalled .199. My problem is that BBM isn't available. It is listed as installed under Apps on my 8900 but no icon for it. I have tried to use Application Loader to get the list of checkboxes for components but all I see is the add-ons I have loaded.

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Completed the upgrade to .206. Did not run into any problems. Can't wait to see the 5.0 software become official. I don't like working with betas so once it becomes official, I'll get it on my BB.

corys00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317d7591
    I kept on getting upstream errors when trying to get to the .206 Orange UK BB site, but I was able to get a working link. Here it is.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...223C61B1B5AB89

boosted03 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e2f95
    I am currently running .2063 and the call history feature is gone and the call time of each call is gone to. Any way to fix this or is this how .206 is ? Its really annoying to lose the history.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by boosted03 View Post
    I am currently running .2063 and the call history feature is gone and the call time of each call is gone to. Any way to fix this or is this how .206 is ? Its really annoying to lose the history.
    Go to your application folder, click menu, click show all, it should appear. Then click menu and uncheck hide. See if that works.

boosted03 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e2f95
    No that didn't work. I know hot to get to the call log, but the log it self doesn't show what time a call came in and the history option in the call menu is not there. This is true for software version .206 and .239.

Quote Originally Posted by boosted03 View Post
    No that didn't work. I know hot to get to the call log, but the log it self doesn't show what time a call came in and the history option in the call menu is not there. This is true for software version .206 and .239.
    Oh, I thought you couldn't find the icon. My calls shows up in my messages. I know, I like it in it's own log to.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 05-13-2009 at 01:26 PM.

drmoze no está en línea Stack level 2
    There's an officially released OS version 4.6.1.231 floating out there now....

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by drmoze View Post
    There's an officially released OS version 4.6.1.231 floating out there now....
    That will be good for those who are only comfortable with "official" releases, but I imagine it's identical code to the beta .231 for those of us who tend to experiment...? Far as I know, fully qualified version/release/build numbers are uniquely matched to the actual code itself, so this should be true (unless somebody here knows that RIM does things differently?).

I'm on to .239 myself, having used .231 for a few weeks. 239 seems to offer me much better battery life.

Unfortunately -- and I don't know if .239 is any worse at this than .231 -- I'm finding that UMA phone calls on my 8900 are only offering mediocre voice quality. Additionally, even when I'm sitting 10 feet away from my WiFi router, the UMA signal periodically drops to GPRS, and then it seems that the old "dropped voice call when switching from UMA to GPRS or EDGE" problem kicks in again.

So -- unfortunately, UMA doesn't seem especially reliable yet with these releases...

Quote Originally Posted by Daytona View Post
    I have 4.6.1.199 installed and I cleaned out DM 4.7 and installed 4.6 and have reinstalled .199. My problem is that BBM isn't available. It is listed as installed under Apps on my 8900 but no icon for it. I have tried to use Application Loader to get the list of checkboxes for components but all I see is the add-ons I have loaded.
    Go to a folder that says instant messaging. I found the icon in there. Hit menu and move to folder Home. It should move it to your app menu

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Hey guys, I have an unlocked TMO version of the 8900 using on ATT. My question is what OS version do you recommend? I am looking for the most stable/least buggy/fastest version available. Any help or direction you can point me in would be great!