Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Mine was in worse shape. Completely black, the only sign of activity was the red ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3

Try This ... It Worked For Me

Advertisement

Mine was in worse shape. Completely black, the only sign of activity was the red led blinking some kind of code.

I tried this and it rescued my BB 8900.

http://forums.pinstack.com/f73/reinstall_os_computer_wont_recognize_device_connected-5178/

Best of luck!

David

Macinshak no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm a bit confused with these instructions not sure if it's telling me to use the dm or the cmmom files/ research in motion folder. And I don't know where the adbanced Hugo is nor so I now whee to find the check boxes etc.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3

Hope This Helps a Bit More ...

In step 1 "desktop software" = the DM.

In step 2 the handheld software should be installed on your computer like any Windows program. Don't forget to delete the vendor.xml file. A search on your computer to include hidden files and directories should find it.

Steps 3 & 4 are self explanatory. Note that by now you should have started the DM either before steps 3 & 4 or just after.

Step 5 is talking about options in the DM.

All the rest of the steps are talking specifically about the DM. Follow them one by one.

If this doesn't help you may want to seek other advice on the forums.

Best of luck. I'm a Blackberry rookie. Hope this helps.

David

K this is where I have troubles. After selecting USB in options. I select app loaded but either the update app or the add/remove app buttons it doesn't recognize the phone. The phone is for sure lugged in a d has a dispay of a battery with a red slash cross it. That's all I get can't get anywher beyond that. What's the next step my fellow pinstackers!!!

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Ok so after reading through this entire thread I still am unsure which OS is by far the absolute best and worth installing.

Please advise what you believe it is and briefly why?

Thanks
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

uberspeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa4e29
    I've been too busy to go back but I'd go with 152/133 hybrid over 168. Battery life being the biggest issue for me.
    Facebook
    MySpace
    Personal: 8900 4.6.1.250
    Work: 8330 4.5.0.160

Quote Originally Posted by uberspeed View Post
    I've been too busy to go back but I'd go with 152/133 hybrid over 168. Battery life being the biggest issue for me.
    Where do I get that? I looked in the beta thread, but didn't find it.

Thanks

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

And battery life will be good? ...the best?

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

alright boiz.. still having issues! when I plug the phone in it doesn't pick up anything! this is after the step of " clicking on Application Loader" i get either ADD/REmove or the Update applications... what can I do now??

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Macinshak View Post
    alright boiz.. still having issues! when I plug the phone in it doesn't pick up anything! this is after the step of " clicking on Application Loader" i get either ADD/REmove or the Update applications... what can I do now??
    Click on add/remove programs start button. Does it show you an upgrade or show that it will install 4.6? If so, then scroll down and check the boxes of want you want it to load and then click next, it should show you that it is going to install the new OS. If this shows up then click finish and it will load the OS. Do not unplug or cancel the install until it says install successful.

No this is where i'm experiencing the issue. I click on the add/remove, it asks me to select the phone and put a password if there is one ( which isnt, but is there a default password that if you don't put one it won't work?? ) and displays nothing on the next screen. OS is for sure installed and so is the 4.6 DM

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did you follow the steps in this thread exactly? Especially when to put the battery back in? Please read through it again, follow the steps exactly, and then if you have more questions post them in that thread including exactly where in the process you are having trouble and what steps were completed successfully.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

yes I have done this numerous times but I have finally found the damn problem I went ahead and tried to install the original rogers software and dm I my desktop computer with so ( as opposed to vista on my laptop ). did he normal plug and play and bam after I hit add/remove it gave me all those boxes everyone has been talking about LOL. so I figure it's a vista issue not recognizing something, owevr I was able to ad and remove apps off my 8900 before I removed the os. is there any add on's that will initiate whateve is missmf that it doesn't pick up any os's on vista? is anyone else experiencing this issue as well? at work now but will re load original rogers os and give an update here!! thanks for everyone helping!!

sting.kl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24FB3200
    I have just upgraded my Curve 8900 from 109 to 168. The upgrade went smoothly but the upgrade broke a few things:

1) Marketfilters stock qoutes (version 2.3) cannot retrieve data anymore
    2) Most recent plazmic themes don't play nice anymore - upon reboot I will get all sorts of errors and the message icon would disappear
    3) KeyMaster would also stop functioning

Anyone knows how to make the above work again?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sting.kl View Post
    I have just upgraded my Curve 8900 from 109 to 168. The upgrade went smoothly but the upgrade broke a few things:

1) Marketfilters stock qoutes (version 2.3) cannot retrieve data anymore
    2) Most recent plazmic themes don't play nice anymore - upon reboot I will get all sorts of errors and the message icon would disappear
    3) KeyMaster would also stop functioning

Anyone knows how to make the above work again?
    .168 is not an Official release. It is still beta. You can remove it in add/remove and then download an official version like .133 or .152. .133 seems to be the most stable. After you download and install the OS you want to go to delete the vender xml file. Sometimes it's not there, so that's ok. Open your DM and hook up your BB. Go to apploader, click start and you will see that it says downgrade on your list next to OS. Click next and finish. It will downgrade your OS to the one that you choose. After it is successful you will want to go back and do a restore from the saved back up that you should do before you begin. That should get you back to an official OS.

As for the themes, it seems this is due to the themebuilder. The best way to handle this is to change your theme back to a percision theme before any reboots or updates and then change it back after. Hope this helped.
    __

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast