Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Mark Stone No, you wouldn't lose uma voice. However, if the bedside ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

solmssen no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    No, you wouldn't lose uma voice. However, if the bedside clock is the only problem, I would suggest troubleshooting that specific issue before upgrading the entire os.
    Problem occurs with a freshly wiped unit - if it's in the cradle when it's supposed to flip to bedside mode, it doesn't. You have to pull it out and put it back. Same for the reverse - if it's in beside mode in the cradle, it won't change profiles back to normal when it's supposed to - you have to pull it out of the cradle. I posted about this in a different thread, and no one had any advice, so I'm hoping it's fixed in a later release.

solmssen no está en línea Stack level 1

it worked...

I took the plunge after borking my bb for other reasons. Figured why not upgrade if I have to reload anyway. It worked, and it fixed the bedside bug. I installed the Cosmote .586 rev, and it seems to have a lot of refinements over the .330 from TMO. Worth doing, for anyone on the fence.

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Here is a link to an official release of .593: Click Here

It is "release 1022" and I've been running it for about a week now...with no problems or issues.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

Quote Originally Posted by solmssen View Post
    I took the plunge after borking my bb for other reasons. Figured why not upgrade if I have to reload anyway. It worked, and it fixed the bedside bug. I installed the Cosmote .586 rev, and it seems to have a lot of refinements over the .330 from TMO. Worth doing, for anyone on the fence.
    Oh yeah, the difference between the 330 and the 586 is subtle but large, I was very happy with that change myself. Don't care for 593, though, as mentioned before the camera doesn't work as well . . .

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am trying to update from 330 to 586 on my 9700. It has taken over an hour and it is still updating. Is this normal? How long does it usually take to load the update?

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends

Smile

takes about 20 min to update
    Mike

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by miltw3 View Post
    I am trying to update from 330 to 586 on my 9700. It has taken over an hour and it is still updating. Is this normal? How long does it usually take to load the update?
    Think mine was about 20-minutes also.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    I can't seem to get the Cosmote .586 OS to load...tried everything. Anyone else having problems installing this OS?

Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    I can't seem to get the Cosmote .586 OS to load...tried everything. Anyone else having problems installing this OS?
    That's the one I have installed, loaded as smooth as butter. Did you delete vendor.xml?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    That's the one I have installed, loaded as smooth as butter. Did you delete vendor.xml?
    yeah deleted the .xml and I tried the .593...won't install either???? never had any problems before. I have tried to install via DM and through the apploader in common files method??? any suggestions?
    I'm going to just start over and uninstall everything... and try it from scratch.

Oh well...just can't get .593 to install...I don't understand what is going on with it. I have tried everything...no joy

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Ray, make sure whatever OS you're trying to upgrade to is the only one installed on your computer. Delete or uninstall all others.

Also, try disconnecting from the internet while doing the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    yeah deleted the .xml and I tried the .593...won't install either???? never had any problems before. I have tried to install via DM and through the apploader in common files method??? any suggestions?
    I'm going to just start over and uninstall everything... and try it from scratch.
    Which DM do you have? If you don't have 5.0 or 5.1, upgrade. . .
    Also, try doing a simple backup or restore or something like that to test the physical connection, just to rule out "bad cable" etc.
    Roger's comments and suggestions are excellent, too

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3
    Having major issues with this too. It's telling me .330 is installed, and the best option - so it won't let me install .593. I can't find .330 on my pc - anyone tell me where to find it? And anyone have a strong opinion of .586 vs .593? I've been on .421 for months, but am going absolutely nuts as it's dropping calls, rebooting frequently and only half my calls are coming through... Ugh!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Rachael, what OS are you running on your PC (XP, Vista, 7)?

If you're on XP, go to Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs.
    On Vista, go to Control Panel>Programs and Features.
    On Windows 7, it's Control Panel>Programs.

From there, look for anything that says BlackBerry Device Software and uninstall it. Then download and install whatever OS you want to install on your device, deleting the vendor.xml file after it has installed on your PC.

There's a new beta out that you might want to try in the 9700 beta OS thread......5.0.0.656.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast