Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

I've been using the .545 for a bout a month and I have not noticed ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909

Advertisement

I've been using the .545 for a bout a month and I have not noticed any "real" issues with the OS buil. Granted that I lost my lock feature, I can always password protect and get it back. All my apps seem to work the same or better(Google Maps keeps my GPS location better and I don't have to refresh fr my phone to find me). I haven't had any call volume lag issues and battery life is outstanding! The only issue I have seen is that if I go to my "Go To" screen, I don't see fully the picture of the selected search engine. Same issue occurs in App World when I do a search for an app and there are multiple options. Even though the icon for the app is in the box, if I want to rearrange the apps in the search based on price, alphabet, etc., it will not show me the one that I am wanting to select until I have selected one. This is not a big issue with me but an issue nonetheless.

For the most part, I am very pleased with this build and would love to know what the .586 has to offer over the .545.

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    Anybody know where i can get the information to upgrade via mac with the blackberry rim desktop manager?

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been using .423 for a couple of months and the only problem I've had is with SMS messages every once and a while. I can't open one and I have to set up a new message to the same person, to access the other messages from that person.

I'm installing .586 now and hope it will correct that issue.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'd skip .586 and go right to .593, finder.

PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    I just did .593 when i downloaded i used my mac but using paralells for mac so i was using xp on my mac to download and install. There was an error when it installed it suddenly stopped and i had to eject the usb when i did and the blacberry finally restarted it gave me the new update but everything was deleted thank god i did a back up before hand . So i restored and everything works fine except i had to register my licenses for my paid apps again.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Is .593 a beta or official?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    It's a beta, Petie. (Sorry, I kinda like JB's nickname for you! )

solmssen no está en línea Stack level 1
    Interested in upgrading my TMO 9700 from .330 - I have a big bug with bedside mode I'm hoping a newer release will fix. If I upgrade to a later version not from TMO, will I lose UMA voice? Love to hear if anyone has done this...

Quote Originally Posted by solmssen View Post
    Interested in upgrading my TMO 9700 from .330 - I have a big bug with bedside mode I'm hoping a newer release will fix. If I upgrade to a later version not from TMO, will I lose UMA voice? Love to hear if anyone has done this...
    No, you wouldn't lose uma voice. However, if the bedside clock is the only problem, I would suggest troubleshooting that specific issue before upgrading the entire os.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    you wouldn't lose UMA- but i would upgrade the OS!
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Anyone know how to make the phone ask for a password when you press the lock button to unlock it? This is really silly if they got rid of it...
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    I used to have that same issue i upgraded it took care of that. How did it do for you?

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Anyone know how to make the phone ask for a password when you press the lock button to unlock it? This is really silly if they got rid of it...
    Personally I don't use the Password to lock my device... but I've heard that some people set their Security Timeout down to 1 minute.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbbanga4l View Post
    I used to have that same issue i upgraded it took care of that. How did it do for you?
    I was running .442 before I moved to .593. I like that the screen automatically goes dark when you press the lock button now, but I want it to ask for a password when I press it again. Mostly because I put my phone in the little front pocket of my jeans, so when I sit down the motion now ends up unlocking the keyboard, defeating the whole purpose the function.

I did find that I can use the 'k' button to enable the password lock, but I was so used to that function working the way it did.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    I'd skip .586 and go right to .593, finder.
    I've installed .593 and have to say I like it...better than .586, which I used for a week. Seems to have better battery life also. I sync with Google for my contacts and calender and had a slight problem after updating the OS. My contacts had created a couple of duplicates, which fed off of each other and doubled some on my Google account. I fixed it by signing out of Google Sync, then deleting all of my contacts/calender entries on the 9700. I then signed back in and re-sync'd. Everything was then correct.

The only app. "glitch" I've noticed is it wouldn't run "BLING". I've switched over to Google for searching though, so its not a problem that I can't live with.
    Last edited by finder216; 04-18-2010 at 04:39 PM.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast