Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Mark Stone My current OS is running so well that I'm not ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    My current OS is running so well that I'm not interested in any more upgrades until 6.0 is introduced for the 9700.
    I take that back - I couldn't resist - I upgraded to 862. However, there isn't a lick of difference between it and 743 . . . Desktop Software 6.0 is very nice, I like the new look and it worked flawlessly.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I take that back - I couldn't resist - I upgraded to 862. However, there isn't a lick of difference between it and 743 . . . Desktop Software 6.0 is very nice, I like the new look and it worked flawlessly.
    LOL! Knew you wouldn't be able to resist, Mark!

Didn't you get a bunch of free space back with the upgrade? I gained back about 20mb.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    LOL! Knew you wouldn't be able to resist, Mark!
    As I knew you wouldn't be able to resist commenting on it . . . .lol!!!
    Didn't you get a bunch of free space back with the upgrade? I gained back about 20mb.
    Yes, I got about a 5mb improvement. After 24 hours I'm noticing a little bit of speed improvement too, but it's very subtle.

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    After 3 days of using '862, I still have over 106 MB 'File Free'. It is indeed a bit faster as well.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    As I knew you wouldn't be able to resist commenting on it . . . .lol!!!Yes, I got about a 5mb improvement. After 24 hours I'm noticing a little bit of speed improvement too, but it's very subtle.
    Sorry......that's how we roll around here. LOL!

Speed is definitely an improvement as well. It's weird, but I've actually added apps and GAINED memory! Not sure how that works.....

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    It's weird, but I've actually added apps and GAINED memory! Not sure how that works.....
    RIM is now able to defy the laws of Physics. David Blaine is now in charge of writing new OSs! Or maybe Chris Angel Mindfreak!?! lol

mynameisJAYR85 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2158552F
    Has anyone else noticed that instead of you being warned that your phone is dying the phone just shuts off?
    I'm a Blackberry Bold...lookin for my Sidekick

angelus1969 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    22961C11
    I am on T-Mobile, but my 9700 has .593, not .586 or .714.... How come?

862 is giving me some problems that the earlier versions of 5.0 did not, specifically it is showing long hourglass sessions while navigating through pictures and videos. This is very uncharacteristic for the 9700. I'm going back to the Cosmote 586, which is my favorite of the fives I've tried, while waiting for six point oh . . .

862 is giving me some problems that the earlier versions of 5.0 did not, specifically it is showing long hourglass sessions while navigating through pictures and videos. This is very uncharacteristic for the 9700. I'm going back to the Cosmote 586, which is my favorite of the fives I've tried, while waiting for six point oh . . .
    Finished the downgrade, problem solved, and the device found another 5mb of memory

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok, no matter how many BB's they send me as replacements, what OS I am running, what 3rd party software I install or uninstall, I seem to end up with a phone that fights me every step of the way. I am luckily a bit techcy, so I can usually figure it out with a bit of help from this site or the web. Once I pass a phone on to my husband, he rarely has problems with it. I imagine it's because he uses it for phone, BBM, text and e-mail.

So...I just upgraded to .862 and we'll see how it goes! Now I need to upgrade his 8900 because T-Mobile can't seem to get his e-mail to come through - I didn't say he never has issues, just rarely...

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    What has been the longest break between new OS releases for the 9700?

Quote Originally Posted by adam917 View Post
    What has been the longest break between new OS releases for the 9700?
    I think we're in it. Seems to have been a while since 862 was released . . .

StarMile no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisJAYR85 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that instead of you being warned that your phone is dying the phone just shuts off?
    I've seen this with my 2nd 9700 although I didn't see it with the 1st one. Very annoying... no flashing LED, nothing at all, just suddenly goes dark.

I also can't make keyboard shortcuts work with this one, no K for luck or F for profiles, no matter how many times I try to set it up correctly. Any one have a clue about that?

DaX05 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Ohhh 6.0 where are you???
    "Give me ambiguity or give me something else!"

T-Mobile 9700 | OS 6.0.0.344