Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

I would also hope, but the economics of upgrade pricing work against us getting such ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I would also hope, but the economics of upgrade pricing work against us getting such a break from the cellphone industry. Unfortunately, we are the minority who cares about it. My wife has a Curve 8320, and she could care less about the latest OS. She just wants the device to take calls and send email and text messages. She probably represents the majority of common BB users

Installed 743, there is no substantial difference between it and 680 - - -

As far as 6.0, two notes: Looking at screenshots and descriptions of 6.0 at sites like Boy Genius and Crackberry indicates to me that even if they code a version for our "older" 9700, it's probably not going to be that much different from the 5.0's we are playing with now. 6.0 seems to be aimed more at touch screen devices, and I think those people are the ones that are going to see the real differences. Also, frankly, my 9700 with 5.0.0.743 works so well now that if there is no 6.0 for it, I'll just keep running my 5.0 and will be happier than snot. The second note is to remember what we learned from OS 4.5: Although nobody ever imagined a 4.5 would be available for the 8700 (which was a 4.1 device when first shipped), we eventually got it. I think RIM could pay a minimum wage clerk for a couple of hours work to re-write a blackberry.alx file that will load and block the appropriate .cod files to make a 6.0 for our ancient 9700s - - [grin]

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    @Roger. Is it going to be like putting 5.0 on a 83xx? Hope 6.0 isn't a huge memory hog.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Won't really know until it arrives, Petie. I can't imagine it would be that much larger than 5.0.

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909
    .743 is awesome. Running on Tmo. All apps work: google, my lookout, shazam, poynt, berryweather, page one assistant, movies by flixster, bolt browser. Pics seem a litle more crisp n nature(or maybe I got bad vision, lol). No issues with any other media. Browsing is smooth and fairly quick. I was actually running a hybrid OS prior to this. Battery life seems awesome. I don't use Meterberry but I have been browsing and playing songs for about 3hrs and have notice nearly no drain at all. Will continue to check it out and let u know what other things I notice.

jmajluf no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21ABC057
    I'm on Claro - Peru...
    I updated yesterday and I am already very happy with this release:
    -Battery life has improved (even though it's been less thatn 24 hours I can tell)
    -Memory leakeage has decreased noticeably
    -The device seems to work faster, less "clocks" going round and round
    -Signal strength improved
    -No call drops (there are areas in my house where I ususally had call quality problems or dropped calls, not anymore)
    -All my installed apps work perfectly (and I have tons...)
    I like 743!

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Guess they slowed down with the OS updates till the next batch comes about...

(Watch RIM release a bunch of new OS versions within a few days of each other for a couple weeks.) ;-)

Anybody on AT&T have problems with Visual Voice Mail with this .743 release?
    Last edited by RogerG; 06-21-2010 at 02:32 PM.

Don't think I saw this anywhere, or if anyone even cares, but AT&T has a .602 release.

Get it here.

Quote Originally Posted by miltw3 View Post
    I would also hope, but the economics of upgrade pricing work against us getting such a break from the cellphone industry. Unfortunately, we are the minority who cares about it. My wife has a Curve 8320, and she could care less about the latest OS. She just wants the device to take calls and send email and text messages. She probably represents the majority of common BB users
    I stand corrected...my wife got tired of the 8320 and upgraded to a White Bold 9700. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by adam917 View Post
    Guess they slowed down with the OS updates till the next batch comes about...

(Watch RIM release a bunch of new OS versions within a few days of each other for a couple weeks.) ;-)
    It slowed because of new device introductions. If we are to believe what the CEO of RIM has told us, methinks the next flurry of 9700 OSs might be six point oh's --- if they are coding for a 256mb device

TMO releases .714. Get it here or here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    It slowed because of new device introductions. If we are to believe what the CEO of RIM has told us, methinks the next flurry of 9700 OSs might be six point oh's --- if they are coding for a 256mb device
    That would be nice! Let's hope

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I downloaded AT&T's official OS upgrade .602 yesterday. Things seems to be a little faster. I see everyone is downloading the .800's but thought I would throw this one out there. Let me know what you think

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...9A996CC&step=4

.800s? Did I miss something? .743 is the latest that I'm aware of.