Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

When does this error show up? Have you tried a reboot? Pull the battery for ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: JVM Error 102 - Step by Step Fix

Advertisement

When does this error show up? Have you tried a reboot? Pull the battery for about 15 seconds then replace it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

zeroendless no está en línea Stack level 1

My 7100 shown the same error this morning out of no where. I didn't even install anything.

Anyway, thanks for the steps and guideline here, i was able to reload OS and got my phone working again. Too bad i didn't back my data up last time.... Oh well.

Thanks a bunch!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Glad to hear you're back up and running Zeroendless.

Signal_Corp no está en línea Stack level 2

After completing this, do I need to go thru the enterprise activation again? Seems after the restore that my enterprise email is missing...
    ~ It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut. ~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

yep you will always have to perform the Enterprise Acivation after installing or updating the OS.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

g_wali88 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey i just encountered my jvm error 102 yesterday. I am reading your instructions and i am confused with step 4, i didnt have a backup, is it safe for me to do this? Just checking before i do anything to the point of no return.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by g_wali88 View Post
    Hey i just encountered my jvm error 102 yesterday. I am reading your instructions and i am confused with step 4, i didnt have a backup, is it safe for me to do this? Just checking before i do anything to the point of no return.
    Unfortunately g_wali88 if you do not have the info previously backed up or previously synched with outlook there is no way to really preserve the info once you get the JVM 102. Welcome to the stacks. Sorry i did not have better news for you.

Thats ok thanks for the info, i have one other question, where does the JVM 102 originate? is it a type of virus that voids the warranty? i still have a warranty on my BB Pearl 8100, but the terms and conditions said if it is a virus it voids the warranty. I have only used a ringtone program so far but it was a little over a month before i even had the JVM problem.

Quote Originally Posted by g_wali88 View Post
    Thats ok thanks for the info, i have one other question, where does the JVM 102 originate? is it a type of virus that voids the warranty? i still have a warranty on my BB Pearl 8100, but the terms and conditions said if it is a virus it voids the warranty. I have only used a ringtone program so far but it was a little over a month before i even had the JVM problem.
    JVM errors are a Java virtual machine error= a software error. It does not void the warranty but most carriers will not exchange it b/c it is resolved by reloading the OS.

johnlarrywillia no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: JVM Error 102 - Step by Step Fix

thanks it helped

gs
    gs no está en línea Stack level 1

So have they come out with a desk top manager for Macs yet, every time one of these blasted errors occurs I have to go though this epic of finding a PC and getting all of the apps downloaded and then going through this jazz??? Any ideas, I would be so psyched to know!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gs View Post
    So have they come out with a desk top manager for Macs yet, every time one of these blasted errors occurs I have to go though this epic of finding a PC and getting all of the apps downloaded and then going through this jazz??? Any ideas, I would be so psyched to know!

Thanks
    No options for DM on a mac yet. A lot of user are anxious for it.

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716

Quote Originally Posted by kwilliams View Post
    Ok, I think I may be dense or need more coffee...I am trying to download the JL commander
    to my computer and it wont open--it just keeps sending me back to pinstack's page--can anyone tell me what I 'm doing wrong? Thanks..

Life is lonely without my BB... LOL
    Try this if you have an AT&T device:

Error: "JVM 102"
    COM port being detected and then when trying run the Application Loader, the COM port isn't found
    Trying to run the Application Loader and selecting the Backup and Restore option, getting error "JVM 102" in the blank screen
    FIX:List of RIM BlackBerry JVM error codes
    1. Perform a hard reset on the device.
    2. Connect the RIM BlackBerry handheld to the desktop computer via cradle/USB.
    3. Run the Application Loader.
    4. If the error persists, attempt to run Application Loader when the device does not connect.
    5. If further assistance is needed, please contact AT&T Customer Service for wireless customers.

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716

Quote Originally Posted by helo_moto View Post
    thank u i just did the fix and it is just on the hourglass. just a question because i got this bb as a gift, i heard that bb's r expensive 2 run just 4 tha softwae and apps not just txtn/callin... Is this true?? i heard it is around 50$ a month just 2 run it withot txtn or anything??

Any help greatly appreciated!!
    If you add other Blackberry users to Blackberry Messenger, you can send PIN messages to them unlimited for free. Text (sms) is considered part of the voice service and not data service, which is why you can get email with a data plan but not text messages. In my experience, having a combo package that provides voice and data is usually the best way to go.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast