Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

hi guys.. Rcbjr, i did follow all the steps to recover the BB 8700. but ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

kroll no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: JVM Error 102 - Step by Step Fix

Advertisement

hi guys..

Rcbjr, i did follow all the steps to recover the BB 8700. but when it comes to step 4, to reinstall the BB software, the desktop manager won't allow. i'm currently downloading something from rogers.com for the unit. do i need to install the OS back before doing this part? help please...

anyway thanks for the help so far

paulhaskew no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks, I was able to use your directions to fix a users issue today...

I would however suggest one extra step...

After reloading the OS, do a wipe handheld to clear everything back to default. Made the phone respond much faster...

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by paulhaskew
    thanks, I was able to use your directions to fix a users issue today...

I would however suggest one extra step...

After reloading the OS, do a wipe handheld to clear everything back to default. Made the phone respond much faster...
    Good suggestion. Glad you were able to resolve this for your user. Welcome to the Stacks Paul.

kroll no está en línea Stack level 1

hi guys..

i managed to get by BB unit back working 2 days ago.. thanks for all the help!!

wsubotman no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: JVM Error 102 - Step by Step Fix

Thanks,

This saved my bosses BlackBerry and me from a very long call with Nextel.

ioillusion no está en línea Stack level 1

1. Download the Blackberry Java Development Environment: In the blackberry developer downloads section on RIM's site.
    2. With Desktop Manager shut down, connect your Blackberry, open a DOS prompt and type “javaloader -usb wipe” (omit –usb for serial) in the “\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.2.0” or corresponding directory.
    3. Download and install a replacement Operating System (links may be on RIM’s site, good luck trying to find them) There are some on the blackberry forms, do a search for "blackberry OS", I'm blocked from posting the URL here.
    4. Chances are you’ll have to do this about once a month until RIM corrects the problem in their OS, which probably won’t happen; RIM’s customers are like battered wives that keep coming back for more.

rturkmani no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMan4040
    I did all this, and the first restart, the blackberry just sits and shows the hourglass icon? its been probably 10 minutes now.
    I have the same exact problem. How do I fix this. Please help!!

Pleasee

lalo90 no está en línea Stack level 1

this really worked
    major kudos on this

evolvedaz no está en línea Stack level 1

when i run the JL_Cmder it says it canot load cause it is missing files. I can wait till wed for my new phone but would love one now!

beck499 no está en línea Stack level 1

can anyone help me a 545 jvm

jrp@rees.com no está en línea Stack level 1

Worked great! Thanks for the post.

What causes the JVM error?

petronius no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the post!

BAZHOLE no está en línea Stack level 1

this didnt work for me...

now my blackberry pearl is just black...nothing on the screen

when i run the application loader..it says could not complete...a fatal error has occured.

rha7dotcom no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, here I am from México, I bricked my telcel's blackberry by installing this cr*p:
    h t t p s : / / www . funrungames . com/IMHere.php
    It's a free MSN client, never knew it it worked, it just bricked my bb.

Didn't do anything wrong, It was about 95% installing and it restarted, and all I was receiving was a "Exception Abort" and a "reset" button. Removed battery to no avail. It just kept hanging up as soon as I restarted it, device was not detected and wouldn't even boot.

THANKS A LOT again for your guide, it brought back my 2 days old BlackBerry 7290 from Telcel.

Here I recap the pages/extra steps I used for unbricking my BlackBerry for Mexico-Telcel:
    1.- This very page the greatest of all.
    2.- Desktop Software & Device Software :
    h t t p s : / / www . blackberry . com/Downloads/entry.do?code=2AC2406E835BD49C70469ACAE337D292
    This software I repeat is for Mexico/Telcel and Mexico/Telcel only.
    3.- APN Data (Enter it in your device's Options for TCP):
    APN: internet.itelcel.com
    Username: webgprs
    Password: webgrps2002
    4.- Remember to launch Desktop Manager and Running "Certificate Sync", otherwise you won't have a web browser in your device.

HINT: When it finished uploading the OS again and reloading all apps as it says in this post, it takes like 10 minutes for the blackberry to restart. As a side effect after I did this, I no longer had multiple/repeated Google Talk messages, nothing bad happens unless it is for good, ant it? hehe.

WARNING: THE ABOVE URLS APPLY FOR MEXICO-TELCEL ONLY.

OTHER: It took like 10 minutes after OS install to restart the BlackBerry. I got impacient, and remove the battery, and again it just sit there and I waited like 5 more minutes, and I removed the battery again. this third time, it finally boot up. Don't get desperate, probably it's better if you just wait for it to do all it's initialization stuff and don't interupt it.

It took in all like 10 minutes to finally restart (including removing the battery 2 times which I DONT RECOMMEND). I think it just sets up all the apps and thats why it takes so long to boot. If someone knows better please tell us.
    Last edited by rha7dotcom; 09-04-2007 at 03:43 PM.

lebanon no está en línea Stack level 1

Errors 411, 507 and then hourglass...

Hello there. I am sorry if I am asking something many people already asked, but I've READ ALL the posts and even if I keep respecting all the instructions, my BB7100V will not work.

I have already reinstalled the Desktop Manager and the Vodafone Spain Hanheld driver. I have also installed the jcomander. I have deleted the vendor.xml file. I have replaced the .axl file, etc.

The First error I got was 411 Device Error. Reboot. Then I moved to the 507. Then I got the hourglass and the red light. If I try to press all the buttons, I randomly get the 411 error and then it gets back to the hourglass.

I have followed all the instructions (for 411, for 501, and for some other errors I did not even have). May anybody please tell me what I could do in this case. Thank you so much in advance...

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast