Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Rcbjr Erica, IM+ is not a RIM App, it's a 3rd party ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: JerryD's Mini Version Tracker - All Apps Updated 5/28/07

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Erica, IM+ is not a RIM App, it's a 3rd party app so RIM would not have a service book to release.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sorry it took so long to reply but I was referring to AIM, ICQ and MSN from RIM, not IM+.

Wicked Pearl no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Clarification on RIM IM Client Service Books

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    First, only the RIM Instant Messenger clients require a service books. They are NOT part of the installation. Instead, it has to be provided by your carrier. Presumably it is included as part of the provider's BIS setup or pulled from RIM through the provider's BIS network.

AT&T (formerly Cingular) has either removed the service books from their BIS setup or has blocked them from their BIS network. That is why, if you're an AT&T customer, even if you get it installed it will not work.

There are links in the notes of the apps list on how to get around this situation. It involves restoring a selective backup of a device with the client(s) installed. However, the restoration process removes all existing service books which can be problematic for BES users.

ALSO, a word of warning to AT&T customers. AT&T is now providing a "free" Instant Messenger client called OZ Instant Messaging. I have confirmed that this client uses SMS, NOT the data connection included with your BlackBerry Data Plan! SMS is NOT included in ANY AT&T Data Plan. If you use it without a text messaging plan, it will cost you $0.15 per 160 character message - incoming and outgoing. The character count is NOT cumulative - each IM is a separate message. If you intend to use this client, be advised to get a text messaging plan!

So what is this prcedure that you speak of that i can use to get around this problem . i want to install aim on my att pearl . !@#$%^&*( ~~~~> @ att !
    Robert
    Sprint Rep

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Clarification on RIM IM Client Service Books

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Pearl
    So what is this prcedure that you speak of that i can use to get around this problem . i want to install aim on my att pearl . !@#$%^&*( ~~~~> @ att !
    Unfortunately, there's no USB installation for AIM, ICQ, and MSN any more, so you can't use the procedure for that - only for Yahoo because you can install the Yahoo client via USB and IE6, and then grab a copy of the service book backup and restore them.

Also, be aware that AT&T is now offering a "free" IM client (Oz IM) that uses SMS - NOT the Data connection you're already paying for. If you don't have an SMS plan, it will cost you a fortune - and the client bites too! ( http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tomers_re.html )

I'd recommend Ramble (OTA) or Jive Talk (OTA). I haven't used Ramble, but Jive Talk is just about the best BlackBerry IM Client you can buy without a subscription and reasonably priced.
    JerryD

F455 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~good job kindly, I'm not able to download zip format can someone help as I got unsupported format massege when trying to download. Hope will get reply soon thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by F455
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~good job kindly, I'm not able to download zip format can someone help as I got unsupported format massege when trying to download. Hope will get reply soon thanks all
    You download Zip files onto your computer, unzip them (to an empty directory), and then add them using Desktop Manager's Application Loader by clicking the ADD button and pointing to that directory.
    JerryD

F455 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks a lot 4 the quick reply.

michaelcramos no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: JerryD's Mini Version Tracker - All Apps Updated 8/21/07

wow i hope we could be friends cuase im going to need help

petey no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    AIM (RIM):

Viigo*: 2.2.41 -
    Viigo (BlackBerryCool edition): 2.2.40 -

Viigo - Sharing in the fun, Viigo's OTA no longer works for my 8800 - they say it doesn't work, but I have a working copy - the BlackBerry Cool edition which doesn't seem to be available any more (I'm still waiting for the email I requested!). At least they've made NewClip available again! I left the BlackBerry Cool link on the list for the time being even though it doesn't really work.
    Viigo OTA downloads should work with no issues for 8100, 8300, 8800, etc.

Please respond if you still cannot access Viigo (either Viigo or Viigo BlackBerry Cool edition) OTA.

Thanks,
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by petey
    Viigo OTA downloads should work with no issues for 8100, 8300, 8800, etc.

Please respond if you still cannot access Viigo (either Viigo or Viigo BlackBerry Cool edition) OTA.

Thanks,
    Pete
    Nope, both still don't work. The link I have (http://mobile.virtualreach.com/cgi/OTA/viigodownload.php) that used to work as well as the link for the BlackBerryCool version (http://mobile.virtualreach.com/bbcool2go.html) both just go to the home page (http://mobile.virtualreach.com/) where I can't find any way to download the application. I submitted my email address and even my SMS address. Both said go to http://v1190.com on the web site, and the SMS/Email messages said go to http://mobile.virtualreach.com/ but I can not download the app.
    JerryD

petey no está en línea Stack level 2

Go to 'getviigo.com' on your Bb device.

Your BlackBerry device should automatically be recognized, and a link to the OTA download served up.

What device and O/S are you running?

Thanks,
    Pete

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I just want to echo all the other comments and say thanks!

This is a very helpful post.
    Last edited by nmadd; 09-08-2007 at 09:02 AM.

blowupj no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bossyadigg no está en línea Stack level 1

hey man i need help with this. can any1 help me?

HELP me
    Last edited by bossyadigg; 09-23-2007 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged.

bossyadigg no está en línea Stack level 1

i have a question? does this work on the pearl?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Welcome to PinStack bossyadigg.

We need a little more info about your problem. The topic of this thread is download links for the different 3rd party S/W apps.

Let us know exactly what we can do to help with your BlackBerry.

Rcbjr

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast