Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Originally Posted by krazyegg buy off swiftsales714 on ebay. offer codes in a couple hours ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

khmertsunami no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by krazyegg View Post
    buy off swiftsales714 on ebay. offer codes in a couple hours and for only 9.90. got my code in 2.5 hours

been using this guys for years.
    Lol I've been using him for awhile now too. I like how he usually has sales to unlock for like $2 sometimes. Plus if I do it before 10 pacific time I usually get the code before the day is over
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

khmertsunami no está en línea Stack level 2
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    There is a back to school promo, they are charging $2.50 / $5 for an unlock code. Fee is in Canadian dollars too. Dirty cheap. Expires September 12, 2009

http://forums.pinstack.com/f8/2_50_5_unlock_codes-113495/

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok I got my unlocked code. Now the only sim card I have is the internation roaming one that came with my Tour from Telus.
    Is this the sim card I put in before entering my unlock code? Or can I do it without the card?

captain_tinker no está en línea Stack level 2
    Here's a question, I just ordered a new Bold, but I will be moving my old SIM card from my Curve 8300 into it, the Curve 8300 I had was unlocked about a year ago. Does the unlock proceedure unlock just the phone or does it have something to do with the SIM card too? Also, I've been with ATT for 2 years now, and plan to continue for the time being, but I DON'T plan on going out of the country, so I would feel wierd claiming I was just to get an unlock code, can't they just give you one just because you ask nicely for it?

-capT

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by captain_tinker View Post
    Here's a question, I just ordered a new Bold, but I will be moving my old SIM card from my Curve 8300 into it, the Curve 8300 I had was unlocked about a year ago. Does the unlock proceedure unlock just the phone or does it have something to do with the SIM card too? Also, I've been with ATT for 2 years now, and plan to continue for the time being, but I DON'T plan on going out of the country, so I would feel wierd claiming I was just to get an unlock code, can't they just give you one just because you ask nicely for it?

-capT
    good luck with that. i have asked att several times for my unlock code, and have told them i would be travelling outside the country and purchasing a prepaid sim and they absolutely refused to provide me an unlock code because i am still under contract. and it wasnt just one rep, it was several. I dont understand why it is such a big deal for att to give me this info. I have tried asking nicely for it and getting just downright pissed off... no go. hope you have better luck than me.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I ended up having to get a manger/supervisor on the line in order to get the unlock code for my old 8310 through AT&T, it wasn't a hassle with me... I just had to be transferred to someone who knew what I was talking about... this was over a year ago, so it may have changed a bit...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

-capT
    i understand your apprehension. as i understand it, they HAVE to give it to you... if they do not, then i would ask for the retention dept.

Quote Originally Posted by kayhites717 View Post
    good luck with that. i have asked att several times for my unlock code, and have told them i would be travelling outside the country and purchasing a prepaid sim and they absolutely refused to provide me an unlock code because i am still under contract. and it wasnt just one rep, it was several. I dont understand why it is such a big deal for att to give me this info. I have tried asking nicely for it and getting just downright pissed off... no go. hope you have better luck than me.
    kay, ask to be transferred to the retention department. its odd, as impak said, i have never been refused an unlock code, ever... and i've unlocked every single BB i've owned.

So I guess the answer to my question would be, it is the phone that gets unlocked, not the SIM? I was curious because I will be moving my SIM card from the Curve to the Bold.

-capT

-capT

Update, I called AT&T this morning, asked for the unlock codes for my wife's phone as well as my own. The gentleman on the other end was very professional and accommadating. He asked if I was planning on going overseas. I told him that there was always that possibility but that a trip overseas was not imminent. So I did not lie. (Besides, I would love to go back to Europe again one of these days!) He said ok then, let me get the process started. I was put on hold for a very long time, but it wasn't a problem, he came back on a few times and apologized for how long it was taking, I kept telling not a problem, and being patient, and finally he came back online gave me the two codes, and I made a point of telling him thank you, and to let his manager know I was completely satisfied. I'm also in the customer technical support business, so this means a lot to them, with statistics etc. I put in the codes, both phones are now unlocked, and I am again a happy customer.

-capT

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

DrUnlockUSA

I have been using DrUnlockUSA on eBay! $2.05 and within 5 minutes I have the unlock code and instructions!

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    So I guess the answer to my question would be, it is the phone that gets unlocked, not the SIM? I was curious because I will be moving my SIM card from the Curve to the Bold.

-capT
    Yes you are correct, the phone gets unlocked and once it is unlocked, you can use multiple SIM cards for different countries.

BashirAmin no está en línea Stack level 1
    Has anyone used this site: blackberryboldunlocking.com ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234