Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by cherrichiodo below are instructions for unlocking a blackberry bold you must obtain ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    below are instructions for unlocking a blackberry bold

you must obtain an unlock code from the carrier in which the device is branded or from a phone unlocking company/website

1) insert sim
    2) power on device
    3) go to settings/advanced options/sim card
    4) type mepd (brings up addional 'hidden' menu)
    5) ...
    6) ...

If you do the first 4 setups of this unlocking process, you will end up at a menu of items that have an enable or disabled status. If the Network or SIM is enabled, that means the security measures of the device have limited you those options, outside of your service providers features.

Hope that helps.

drpsychox no está en línea Stack level 1
    Which AT&T number do you call to get the unlock code by the way?

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I called 611 on the phone and got a customer service rep. I told her I wanted to unlock my Bold so I could use my company's overseas SIM card. About 5 minutes later, she came back and gave me the unlock number. I followed the instructions on the front page and now I've got an unlocked Bold.

Frank613 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ABA63F
    Ive done all of this hoastrouting all says tmo all of the seetings say tmo , but i try to use the browser i get an error that says {a communication failure has occured.please try again later. Can someone help out ?

Thanks in advance
    8900 (16gb cARD)
    9000Bold 16GB Sd
    8220Flip{KickStart}
    8320(4gb SdCard)
    8700g
    7100i

"Hi My Name Is Frank And Im A Crackberry Addict......(-__-)"

pIN#24ABA63F

nemo2xg no está en línea Stack level 2
    i want mine unlocked

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank613 View Post
    Ive done all of this hoastrouting all says tmo all of the seetings say tmo , but i try to use the browser i get an error that says {a communication failure has occured.please try again later. Can someone help out ?

Thanks in advance
    I'm not following. The last time I checked, the host routing table had nothing to do with unlocking your BOLD.

If your browser is not working, it must be due to your data connection on your Bold.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by nemo2xg View Post
    i want mine unlocked
    If you have ATT, call the customer service number and let them know that you plan on using your Blackberry out of the country and you would like to have it unlocked. Once you receive the unlock code, follow the first post in this thread. You'll be good to go afterwards.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok, Im having an issue.

I called ATT and got my unlock code. However, my code is apparently 1 digit too long. This is really annoying and I know Im not putting it in incorrectly. Do I not put in the first or last digit or one in between?

EDIT: Haha, nevermind. The email was written with poor spacing and one number was put too close to the last digit.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Glad to hear all went well. ATT is pretty cool with giving people the unlock code. I think it would have been better if ATT would have emailed me the phone, because we had to go over the code 3 times just to make sure I had copied it down right.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I ordered another Bold via 611, explained I would be using it in the UK (true) and they shipped it unlocked to me @ n/c.

Croe no está en línea Stack level 1
    Never had a problem getting any phone I have from ATT unlocked, but have been with them for years. You may also like this site www.unlocktotalk.com which gave me an unlock code for my Storm while I was on the phone with them....sent it to me by email and before I hung up had received it. Very quick and worked perfectly....now have my Storm on ATT too! Great CS there too.

-B

Dzill no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Unlocking a Blackberry from a Network

I live in Venezuela and I want to get a Blackberry next month in my trip to US. I want to buy it from a network 'cause it's cheaper and then unlock it before coming back! Can I buy it with a service plan and then unlock it and cancel the service plan without having to pay more?

gloamin no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just called (within the last hour) AT&T and they gave me the unlock code and stayed with me on the phone until I had it unlocked. I was a former Verizon user and have had my Bold for 3 weeks. No sense in paying to have it unlocked when the carrier should do it for free.

granwsmith no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2093876C
    may seem like a dumb question to a lot of ya, but what are the advantages of having an "unlocked" BOLD? I've had my BOLD for bit now and can't possibly think of how it could be any better?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Coupla things......unlocking your device allows it to be used on different carriers, which makes it more attractive to potential buyers should you ever want/need to sell it, and better for you if you ever decide to switch to another GSM carrier.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 09-02-2009 at 11:17 PM. Reason: sp... :p

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast