Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG

I manage Mobility for my company. I have received a device from a terminated employee. ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

pjwbur no está en línea Stack level 2

How do I get past Blackberry ID

Advertisement

I manage Mobility for my company. I have received a device from a terminated employee. I need to retrieve information from the device, but I am getting a Blackberry ID log in screen before I can get into the phone. I am unable to log in with the employee's ID. I am unable to log in with mine. If I try to exit out, I get a message prompting me to wipe the device.

How do I get past this so I can retrieve data from the device? I have contacted the former employee for their password and was told to do something anatomically impossible.

This data is crucial.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wow. Well, perhaps you could do a device backup? See if it will let you connect via DM or BBSAK and back up the data. Hopefully then you can wipe the device and restore the necessary data. Otherwise, maybe some sweet-talking to the terminated employee would be in order. Obviously some sour grapes there, though.

Is there an option at the very bottom of the BB ID login to skip that process?

Hi Roger, no there is no option to skip. I have backed up the device and wiped now restoring. Hopefully this will work. Thanks.

Well, it may also restore the requirement to enter the BlackBerry ID, but let's keep our fingers crossed. Might have to wipe it again and do a selective restore.

It worked Roger. I was able to restore the data and then access and forward to the new person. Thank you.

Excellent! Glad we could be of assistance! Don't be a stranger!

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Wow. Well, perhaps you could do a device backup? See if it will let you connect via DM or BBSAK and back up the data. Hopefully then you can wipe the device and restore the necessary data. Otherwise, maybe some sweet-talking to the terminated employee would be in order. Obviously some sour grapes there, though.
    Roger, two things -- first, when you use DM to back up, don't you have to type in the password anyway? At least on mine you do. So I thought he'd be out of luck there.

Second and more importantly -- what is BBSAK? I have a major problem here with DM. I want to back up my Bold 9650 and then get a new/newer BB (I have a free upgrade coming from Verizon -- they'll give me a new Bold or any other device for free). Anyway, I can't use DM so I can't back up...what is BBSAK? Thank you in advance.

BBSAK = BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife.

www.bbsak.org

Great little tool to do backups, restores, wipes, etc.
    Tech Idiot likes this.