Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pjwbur

One of my users recently downloaded Google maps to his new BB. When he tries ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

pjwbur no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Google Maps on Bold 9780

Advertisement

One of my users recently downloaded Google maps to his new BB. When he tries to use the app, he gets a message "Need network access, this application cannot be used until you grant it permission tosend and receive data over the network". He is able to search on Google and access other sites just fine and he says Google maps worked fine on his old phone with our former carrier.

I did a bit of looking around and found that we need to change the settings for the application. I went to Options>Device>Application Management, located Google Maps in the list, hit the menu key, then Edit Permissions. When I tried to set all 3 entries to Allow, the top 2 - Connections and Interactions, went back to Custom. Google Maps works fine on my Torch, and my user and I are on the same BES, so I can't see it being a policy issue.

Any ideas?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Have them try pulling the battery for a couple of minutes, then try and reset the permissions.

You can also uninstall the app, then when you reinstall, you can set the permissions up front.

Thanks Roger. I've forwarded your suggestions to my user. I'll let you know if it resolves his issue.

HI Roger;

Well, I haven't heard anything back from my user on this. So, I'm going to presume it worked and call it good. Thanks for your help.
    RogerG likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hope so! Thanks for the update.