I have the 8310 on at&t with the 4.5os and I am looking to free ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

cwhitney24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    248725AC

freeing up memory

Advertisement

I have the 8310 on at&t with the 4.5os and I am looking to free up some memory. What things can I delete without messing up my phone?.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hello cwhitney!

Please click on the FAQ link in my signature where you'll find a thread dedicated to freeing up memory.

I'd also recommend that you go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications and delete the Help and TTY applications. Scroll down to each one, press the BB menu button (to the left of the trackball) and select Delete. You don't need the Help application because you hae us here at PinStack! And unless you are hearing impaired, you also have no need for the TTY application. Deleting these two apps should clear up about 5mb.

Regards,
    Roger
    Last edited by RogerG; 01-21-2009 at 10:02 PM.

cwhitney24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    248725AC
    Thank you very much for you quick response!!!!

Here's another little space saver, if you don't use it:

Removing PTT (Push-To-Talk). This assumes you have your current OS on your PC, which I believe you do since you're running 4.5:

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\Java. You will find a file called net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod. Delete that file, then connect your device to the PC, launch Desktop Manager (4.6 is the best release so far). Click on Application Loader> Add / Remove Programs. Once it loads up the device OS, click next and it should recognize that the ptt file has been deleted from the install package and subsequently prompt you to remove it from your device.

Let me know if you have any questions on that process.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    There is also a program that's free called MaxMem thät is an OTA that will delete voice dialing and PTT without having to dig through folders. Will also allow you to delete the media files that get installed by default. Word to the wise, careful with the themes. I've never been able to use this program to delete them and have customs work. I can't post link, but its in jerryd's OTA links here @ pinstack. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just a quick refresher ... In the past week my BB9900 appears to be slower than ever and many times the little square box appears with the needle going around. I remember once reading about a command to "clean up" things.
    Does anyone recall the what the command is? Roger?

Battery Pull?

Make sure you have all your apps closed down properly, but I think this is what you're talking about:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...1720943_11.jsp