Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG
  • 2 Post By dushdavj

One of my users was transferred to a different city and now has a different ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

pjwbur no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Forwarding text messages

Advertisement

One of my users was transferred to a different city and now has a different device with a local phone number. I put call forwarding in place on his old BB so his calls are coming through to his new number. What I'd like to know is if there is a way to put forwarding in place for his text messages. BBM is working just fine, but regular texts are not forwarding. Is this possible?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Thanks Roger, but that won't work. That app forwards texts to email, my user wants them forwarded to text messaging on his new device.

Also, the reviews of it don't look very promising. Comments like "doesn't work and no support" and "received email confirmation of purchase but none of my messages".

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yeah, I read that after I posted the link, sorry. I wasn't able to find anything else noteworthy.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    You may want to try Advanced Forwarder http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst.../2839/?lang=en the reviews say it works, although I haven't tried it.

Of course the other option would be for the user to get a GoogleVoice number and then he could receive the sms messages on that number from anywhere.
    RogerG and pjwbur like this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Thanks a lot, dushdavj! I've forwarded that information to my user. He can then decide how he wishes to proceed. Fast reponse much appreciated!