Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Hello everyone. Just wanted to ask the resident experts about the Case-Mate case(s). I've heard ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3

Case-Mate for a Bold 9650 (Verizon)

Advertisement

Hello everyone. Just wanted to ask the resident experts about the Case-Mate case(s). I've heard of a Fuel and/or a Fuel Lite/Light. I've done some google searches, seen them on ebay, even visited the company's website -- but I just can't seem to figure this out. LOL.

So what's the deal? It's a case that acts/kicks in as a charger? I am not sure how this works, but it seems like a very good idea.

Any insight, comments, advice? Thank you in advance.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Maybe it is a discontinued case? I know cases like this exist. Not sure they ever did for a BlackkBerry device though. I'm guessing that since the 9650 is an older device, the case has long since been discontinued.

These were the two I found (below links)...Roger, what others are out there? Seems like it's compatible with several of the BB's (including the 9650). I'd like to find something like this. Actually, I'd like to upgrade, and have one available now (a really great deal), but unfortunately I have to hold off until I deal with a back-up problem. I'd like to get the Q10, although I really don't know anything about the device. However, for "corporate" reasons, I think I am limited to the most current Bold model (the 9930 I believe -- I am with Verizon Wireless).

Thanks again Roger.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271266791023?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281169386094...84.m1438.l2649

I know Mofie and Seidio make charging cases. Whether or not they make them for BlackBerry, I'm not sure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-Mate-Fu...item27d6f32f16

Here's another I just found, for a newer (I think current model) Bold. Thanks again Roger.
    RogerG likes this.

I think Mofie specializes in Apple/iPhones, but I never looked, checked, etc. Someone told me.

I'd probably wait until I get my new Bold, but I really want/need a charging case. Thanks again.
    RogerG likes this.

And here's another...Naztech...anyone know anything about them? Thanks in advance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Naztech-Exte...item2a2ba84a8d
    RogerG likes this.

Looks like Mophie specializes in iPhones and the like...but based upon Roger's advice I checked out Seidio and found this one...

http://www.seidioonline.com/blackberry-bold-9650-s/4258.htm

It looks like a nice case...so does anyone know anything about them? Thank you in advance (and thanks again to Roger).

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Idiot View Post
    Looks like Mophie specializes in iPhones and the like...but based upon Roger's advice I checked out Seidio and found this one...

http://www.seidioonline.com/blackberry-bold-9650-s/4258.htm

It looks like a nice case...so does anyone know anything about them? Thank you in advance (and thanks again to Roger).
    Apparently, the above Seidio is not a "charging" case -- just a simple case.

Anyone know of any charging cases? Thanks.

So is there anything out there like this? What about for the 9930? Is this because the device is just not that popular, or is Blackberry getting ready to "ditch" it? I am not an expert, but I find that sometimes, even before a device goes out of production, other vendors have already stopped carrying accessories...but that's another story. I can see vendors not being into BB because of what's gone on in recent years, but come on now. LOL.

So, of all the loyal BB users...nobody is using this type of case? This type of case seems like a very valuable tool -- and I would think it would be very popular.

Are people just using extended batteries? Charging constantly (in your car or at your desk)? Thank you in advance.

I haven't been able to find one for BlackBerry, sorry. Best bet is a Seidio extended life battery and battery cover. Pretty sure they have 'em for the 9930 but I'll check to make sure.
    Tech Idiot likes this.

Yeah they do have extended batteries and compatible cases for the 9930.
    Tech Idiot likes this.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Have you considered the Z10? Or do you have to have the physical keyboard?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    Have you considered the Z10? Or do you have to have the physical keyboard?
    I want a physical keyboard. I am not easy, LOL. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    I haven't been able to find one for BlackBerry, sorry. Best bet is a Seidio extended life battery and battery cover. Pretty sure they have 'em for the 9930 but I'll check to make sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Yeah they do have extended batteries and compatible cases for the 9930.
    I guess if I can't find a "charging" case, enegry holster, or something of the like...I have to go with an extended battery and a compatible case. I do use -- and want -- a "holster" case, so Seidio seems to be an option. I've noticed that on some "holster" type cases for extended batteries, the "clip" is weak, flimsy, etc. -- so I see "dropping" your BB could be a problem. But, we will see.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast