I have a Blackberry Bold 9650, OS 6 (from Verizon but no longer has data ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

learning11 no está en línea Silent Stacker

no carrier (wi-fi only)---still have e-mail and instant messaging?

I have a Blackberry Bold 9650, OS 6 (from Verizon but no longer has data plan with Verizon); only Internet connection is wi-fi. I can still connect to the Internet fine but: can e-mail and instant messaging still work?
    More specifically:
    1. When I click on Setup: E-mail, it results in this:
    "Your device had a problem connecting to the server." Only options are Retry and Cancel.

I removed and reinserted the SIM card and did a battery pull. Attempted to set up E-mail again---same results.

2. In going to Setup: Instant Messaging, it yields this message: "Select the instant messaging application you want to set up." only option: return to Setup.

Also, I am new to these forums, so if anyone has any information on how to find categories of the thousands of posts and responses (besides a key word search of the whole forums) that would be good to know.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, you will not be able to get e-mail or instant messaging without a data plan.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    This is cause the phone looks for the Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) for that stuff to work. Text messaging might still work but that's it.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900