Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Some of the stuff that is pushed by the carrier is not really apps, just ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

Advertisement

Some of the stuff that is pushed by the carrier is not really apps, just launchers, and they don't use up memory. This would be The Weather Channel, Web Video Search, WHERE, Yellow Pages, AllSport GPS, AT&T App Center, MobiTV, my AT&T, Bloomberg Mobile, Scrabble, Sims, Bejeweled, AT&T Music, AT&T Maps + Nav, AT&T Code Scanner, CityID free trial.

Those icons cannot be deleted, since they are pushed via service books. What I do is create a new folder called "junk" and move all of those icons into the junk folder. Then I hide the junk folder. Out of sight, out of mind.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    but deep down you know they're still there...
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    Actually I don't. I only found out what they all were by unhiding and opening the folder just to answer this thread. I hadn't bothered checking or looking in over 6 months.
    Laura

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    And that's what KILLS me! LOL! I want them GONE! Trying the hybrid now to see if that gets rid of them.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    And that's what KILLS me! LOL! I want them GONE! Trying the hybrid now to see if that gets rid of them.
    Unfortunately it won't. The only way to get rid of them is to get rid of the service books, which will only happen if you get rid of BIS, and each carrier pushes these types of service books, so if you switch from AT&T to a different carrier, you will just get that other carrier's similar things.

Even if you manually delete the service books, they will return as soon as you reboot your device. So hiding the icons is the only solution.

I've been using hybrids or some sort for over a year.
    Laura

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12