Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Do you have the App Store on your BB? Might want to check to see ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Advertisement

Do you have the App Store on your BB? Might want to check to see if BBM and PWK are available OTA and attempt it that way? It's been so long since I have used a BB I don't remember if those are.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Instead of installing those two apps through DM, download them from AppWorld.

LOL! Great minds think alike. They are definitely available through AppWorld. Just checked.

I think I also mentioned before that you should completely uninstall Desktop Manager and reinstall the latest version.

Here's a good tutorial on how to go about that.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

AliPeb no está en línea Stack level 1
    I feel am just becoming an utter nuisance - you are all so (understandably) removed from BB's for obvious reasons! Now you've flagged it, no, I don't have appworld either - something else that doesn't install!

Roger - I've done this too, more than once! Re-install desktop software that is

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    It seems that I had issues with the latest and greatest update to Desk Top Manager and had to use a older version. I have no idea what version that was however the current version I have on my laptop is 6.1.0.35. Yes I know my wife still sports a 9700

Ali never will you be a nuisance at PinStack and we will do our best to get you back in business
    RogerG, Delfim and AliPeb like this.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Well, as I type this, I'm guessing you guys are peacefully in slumber & enjoying a good night's sleep! 'Tis only 2230 hrs here in the UK so mine is yet to come!

Meanwhile, I've been persevering and so far, I've managed to (through DM) - install AppWorld, Password Keeper, and BBM so as far as I'm concerned, this is brilliant progress....even better, I managed to restore my last backup so the contents of password keeper etc. has been restored. You know there's a BUT coming of course...

This is it. My SD card & stuff on it, isn't being recognised in spite of the handset indicating it's there in terms of storage capacity. So things like my custom dictionary, pictures, music - i.e. everything on the SD card - is not there... am I pushing my luck in asking for any clues???
    I have seen one post which suggested restoring to an earlier date would resolve this but since I've effectively just done this with my last restore, and it didn't make a difference, clearly this hasn't worked for me.

It's now zzzzzzz time here in the UK, I wonder, will I awake to any solutions?!?!?! Please please, no Blackberry dreams in my slumber!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Sorry I can't help you (really) even though here in Portugal we're still wide awake. Our Yank friends aren't in slumber either. They´re just got home now and are busy digging into their burgers, K'Chicken and hotdogs. After that they'll be sending us messages, which we'll only see tomorrow morning. Please excuse them all. They're a silly lot.

Haaa! You can tell I know nothing about you guys, here's me thinking you were all in the US and there you are, so close to home! Still, the hour is late and us Europeans should be horizontal, especially Portugal, aren't you an hour ahead of us?!

Meanwhile, I'll look forward to see what combined grey matter activity might produce in the morning!
    Delfim likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    If you plug your device in using USB to your computer does it recognize mass storage device, and if so can you access your files from your PC? Also you may have to check your SD Card with another device to verify that it's still working. They do have a tendency to just up and die. Hopefully that is not the case.

By the way it's only 4:53 PM as I'm typing away. Have a good rest and no BB nightmares

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by AliPeb View Post
    ... especially Portugal, aren't you an hour ahead of us?!
    Nope! We're GMT. We can't trust the British in the dark, so we all go sleep when you guys do.

I'm almost loathe to say it because of last time, but I do believe that all my issues are now resolved... but not through any wizardry or technical skill on my part, the SD card conundrum was quite simply a case of there being duplicate folders on the SD card. Once I moved the contents of the duplicate folder to the correct folder, they appeared on the handset. I'm guessing this is logical in so much as the Blackberry could only read data from one source?

Either way, it is nothing short of a miracle that I appear to have a fully working 9900 Bold once more - anyone like to wager whether or not I'll get another 18 months trouble free operation from it ?

Big thanks again for the support!
    RogerG likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I'm really glad things are working again for you and I'm sure your Berry will go the distance

Now that you are fixed up we hope to see you around the site contributing, and be sure to pass the word to your friends

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Ditto what Papa said. Glad you're up and running, and don't be a stranger!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast